Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Re: Adding Photos To Your Posts  (Read 7596 times)

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
Re: Adding Photos To Your Posts
« on: February 17, 2008, 12:44:51 PM »
Glad to be of help.

Oh, and if anyone wants a great way to save those photos and keep them safe I would suggest buying a fotochute

http://www.amazon.com/SmartDisk-FCD20-FotoChute-Portable-Digital/dp/B0007XGORI

These things have an internal battery that is good for uploading TONS of pictures, and you dont need a computer to transfer the pictures from your camera to the fotochute...just attach your download cable from camera to the fotochute and press one button...its that simple. It also acts as a portable hard drive. Then when you get home, you can attach it to your computer and send those files to photochute directly. No wasting hard drive space... 8)
Greg & Almira  ;-)

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
Trying your PhotoBucket...

This is the first team I sponsored in our community.  They chose their own name for the team, \"McSonics\".  The story behind the name isn\'t very extraordinary.  The ladies at first wanted to use my name (McCarthy).  When I refused to let them, they asked about my \"home\" team in the US, \"Seattle Sonics\".  Thus the name \"McSonics\".  They did very well in regional tournaments and they used the uniforms playing volleyball as well. 

Offline Robm

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 01:22:31 PM »
Does anyone know if you can do the same with Flickr?

Thanks

Robm

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 03:34:36 PM »
You can do it, but difficult. I have been going all over the site because I have some pictures there, but way more difficult than Photobucket.

To do it, you have to download pictures to Flickr, mark them as public, then make them into a set and add a title. Then go to the bottom of the screen and click FAQ.

Go to \"Photos\" section, click #23 then click on Create Dynamic Badge. Follow Direction for HTML (make sure to select thumbnail or midsized for photos).

Copy and paste badge to your post. I haven\'t done this yet because I find it easy to do on Photobucket. Yeah, getting lazy in my old age...lol.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help on this one.

Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 05:53:04 AM »
Rufus!  You handsome devil!  See, it\'s not hard to use PhotoBucket.  Nice background in your picture.  Where is it?

Jack
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »
Jack,
I was on a mountaintop overlooking Selma,  SW Oregon

RUFUS
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 11:55:07 PM »
Cool!  Reminds me of the Eastern KY, TN and NC mountains where my kituiwah ancestry hails from.  One reason we want to locate in ilocos Sur is how close the Mountain Provinces are.  Within an hour I can be in the mountains from our proposed home site north of Vigan.

Nice pics Rufs!  Nice photo of your lady, too!  Aren\'t we all blessed with the sweetest asawas?  I know I am!

Jack

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 04:38:03 AM »
I have been to the top of many mountains on 4x4 trips.. I just wish I had my camera back then..
I have only in the last couple years broke down and got a digital so am very limited on my pics of those drunken trips up skid roads to the top.. lol

RUFUS
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »
The Mayuga High School Band that we\'re helping build....

10 new members this year (still not enough to participate in tournaments tho\')  NOT the guys in blue

The complete band.....

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44:58 AM »
I just discovered the section with the info of how to upload, so, here goes, 

My Fiance` Janet, April 1st., start of graduation. The \"Ring Hop\"
Americans will understand this, but it was a complete mystery to this Aussie Guy!!!!    ???

Janet and I before going into the Ring Hop

Waiting for it to begin.

April 2nd., The deed was finally done. Pheewwww   ::) ::)

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 07:25:48 AM »
You can do it, but difficult. I have been going all over the site because I have some pictures there, but way more difficult than Photobucket.

To do it, you have to download pictures to Flickr, mark them as public, then make them into a set and add a title. Then go to the bottom of the screen and click FAQ.

Go to \"Photos\" section, click #23 then click on Create Dynamic Badge. Follow Direction for HTML (make sure to select thumbnail or midsized for photos).

Copy and paste badge to your post. I haven\'t done this yet because I find it easy to do on Photobucket. Yeah, getting lazy in my old age...lol.

I tried this, but it does not work :( It just seems to give you the HTML code to insert photos into a web site. Just out of interest I will see if there is a way to post to message boards.

Colin

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 10:09:34 AM »

I tried this, but it does not work :( It just seems to give you the HTML code to insert photos into a web site. Just out of interest I will see if there is a way to post to message boards.

Colin

Or you could just try using PHOTOBUCKET   :o :o   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Start a PhotoBucket account and start transferring just a few photos to share with us here.  Eventually you\'ll find that you use PhotoBucket a lot.  And you can always have both to use for different projects.  I still maintain my Kodak account, PhotoBucket, Picasa, as well as Adobe Photoshop, Photo Impression and iPhoto.  They each have their own special applications and I find I use them all for one reason or another. 

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 01:17:13 PM »

Colin

Or you could just try using PHOTOBUCKET   :o :o   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Start a PhotoBucket account and start transferring just a few photos to share with us here.  Eventually you\'ll find that you use PhotoBucket a lot.  And you can always have both to use for different projects.  I still maintain my Kodak account, PhotoBucket, Picasa, as well as Adobe Photoshop, Photo Impression and iPhoto.  They each have their own special applications and I find I use them all for one reason or another. 

You have convinced me Jack, I will do that  ;D  I have seen others in my Photography/Photoshop classes use various photo sites and they all have their merits. I have a paid pro account with Flickr and I just look on it as a challenge to see if could be done  :)

Colin

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 01:59:27 AM »
Chief Greywolf and Grizzi,   Grizzi thank for such a informative essay...ill copy and use. Chief, your
 excitement about this forum is hard not to ignore.....i want to feel it as much and as deep as you do ;D billy2002

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »
You\'re welcome!!!  Hope to see some pictures soon... 8)
Greg & Almira  ;-)