Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: What\'s the largest cc. bike availible in the PI  (Read 8243 times)

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
What\'s the largest cc. bike availible in the PI
« on: March 30, 2010, 08:46:57 AM »
Due to the enormous duty on bringing my bike from the states ( Harley Ultra Classic) does anyone know if a 600/1000 cc bike is available new in the PI? I have heard that only 250cc bikes are available.  Plan on being there for good in the Feb 2011 time frame.  Have to wait to draw retirement in new tax year.

Thanks Lee
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: What\'s the largest cc. bike availible in the PI
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:47:57 AM »
There sure are big bikes there... I seen um ;)
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 12:08:42 PM »
Due to the enormous duty on bringing my bike from the states ( Harley Ultra Classic) does anyone know if a 600/1000 cc bike is available new in the PI? I have heard that only 250cc bikes are available.  Plan on being there for good in the Feb 2011 time frame.  Have to wait to draw retirement in new tax year.

Thanks Lee

I had the same issue with my Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide 1450cc...

Luckily you can pick up used Harleys here for about \"california\" prices...

A sportster can run you about $10k USD and a big twin around $20k USD

Im leaning towards building a choppa ! With removable rice-burner motor mounts - so if I ever do find an EVO or TC-88 I can throw it in there !

Frames can be had for less than $1k ...  other threads and main LINPC website have txt on salvaging an existing vehicle...

RICEMANV and a few others have a link to a website with local harleys forsale.. I had it but lost the link....
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 08:40:13 AM »
Thanks for the info but probably not looking for a Harley there.  I figured i would just get something they sell lcl.  Something Rachel and I could tour on.  Cant see touring on a 125 or 250.  A friend of mine has a Roadstar (Yamaha) and its pretty nice or maybe a Honda or BMW.  Cant see a crouch rocket though.
What do you guys think?
Lee
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:32:12 AM »
One of our members, Randy Kofahl, rides with a club on Cubu and could probably give you some better info as to what is available.
Here is his member page, you could send him a PM and check out his ride videos on YouTube
http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1082
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS