Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Hobbies and Interests

Pool & Billiards

(1/4) > >>

tom.inbigdtexas:

--- Quote from: ezArt on December 24, 2009, 02:50:05 PM ---
So, when we get our home renovated, the following will be on my priority list of things to have in my entertainment room; an official size pool table with professional accessories, a bar with stools (stocked bar of course with a frig), reclineable sofas and a big screen TV!

--- End quote ---

Art,

You are going to have lots of friends.

You and I think alike on this one.  I built our present home 3 years ago.  Put in a 30x32 ft pool room upstairs finished out as you describe above, except the sofas do not recline.

The table is a professional competition compliant 9 footer.  Full rail edge to edge size, deep recessed pockets, directional nap 860 cloth, etc.  I put in an antique 6 stool bar.  We are having 5 of my wife\'s Filipina friends and their husbands over on Christmas evening.  The ladies will be playing cards all night... guess where the guys will be. 

The guys cuss constantly because they shoot too hard and the ball jars out.  With regulation deep recessed pockets... if you don\'t hit center pocket, or shoot \"pocket speed,\" it does not go in. 

The Philippines has some of the top ranked 9 ball players in the world.  I\'m sure there are some non-professional, but top rate players around Cebu.  Once I locate them, I hope to I get to enjoy watching some of them play.

I\'ll try to take some photos of my pool room \"stuff\" and post it one of these days.

Tom in Big D

tom.inbigdtexas:
Quote from: ezArt on Today at 01:50:05 AM
... billiards (the table didn\'t have any pockets), it so bored me to death!

Quote from: Colin on Today at 04:32:59 AM
A billiard table with no pockets   The billiards that I have played uses a full size 12 x 6 table with the standard 6 pockets. I believe you can play a form of billiards on a pool table, but that still has 6 pockets.

Sorry Colin, Art is right on this one.  Billiard tables have no pockets.  My son is an intermediate level 3-cushion billiard tournament player.

Billiards with no pockets was played for a hundred years before pockets were added, and those are properly referred to as \"pocket billiard\" tables.  You can buy pocket blocks to convert a pocket billiard table into a billiard table.  Of course, now most everyone just calls everything \"pool tables.\"

I play pocket billiards because billiards is just waaaaaaaaaay to difficult. 

Tom in Big D

:

--- Quote from: tom.inbigdtexas on December 24, 2009, 07:25:07 PM ---Quote from: ezArt on Today at 01:50:05 AM

A billiard table with no pockets   The billiards that I have played uses a full size 12 x 6 table with the standard 6 pockets. I believe you can play a form of billiards on a pool table, but that still has 6 pockets.

Sorry Colin, Art is right on this one.  Billiard tables have no pockets.  My son is an intermediate level 3-cushion billiard tournament player.

Billiards with no pockets was played for a hundred years before pockets were added, and those are properly referred to as \"pocket billiard\" tables.  You can buy pocket blocks to convert a pocket billiard table into a billiard table.  Of course, now most everyone just calls everything \"pool tables.\"

Tom in Big D

--- End quote ---

Well you learn something new every day ;D

What is the table size, and how do you score?

Colin

uk:
you could try bar billards

[attachment deleted by admin]

:

--- Quote from: Colin on December 24, 2009, 07:59:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: tom.inbigdtexas on December 24, 2009, 07:25:07 PM ---Quote from: ezArt on Today at 01:50:05 AM
A billiard table with no pockets   The billiards that I have played uses a full size 12 x 6 table with the standard 6 pockets. I believe you can play a form of billiards on a pool table, but that still has 6 pockets.
Sorry Colin, Art is right on this one.  Billiard tables have no pockets.  My son is an intermediate level 3-cushion billiard tournament player.
Billiards with no pockets was played for a hundred years before pockets were added, and those are properly referred to as \"pocket billiard\" tables. You can buy pocket blocks to convert a pocket billiard table into a billiard table.  Of course, now most everyone just calls everything \"pool tables.\"
Tom in Big D

--- End quote ---
Well you learn something new every day ;D What is the table size, and how do you score?
Colin

--- End quote ---
How about table tennis aka \"ping pong\"? It\'s a good game for the young and old! My Dad, brother and I grew up playing the game in our garage! We were actually pretty good at it! I don\'t know about now since my hand and eye coordination isn\'t as good as it was when I was younger! I just may also put a ping pong table in my entertainment room when ever we get our home renovated! Darts will also be an added bonus even though I don\'t know the rules!  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version