Living in The Philippines > Lodging: Finding A Place to Stay "for a while"

Quality Hotel in Cebu needed.

(1/4) > >>

grizzi:
Has anyone stayed at the Mango Park Hotel or the Montebello Villa Hotel - Cebu City?  I usually stay at the Holiday Plaza, but last February it was really showing its age, and I think its time to look for a new hotel in Cebu.  I\'m looking for something around the p2500-p3500 price range and located fairly central to Ayala center or SM.  It seems that most are within a 30 minute drive of the Airport, so thats a non-issue to me.  I\'ve done a search on this and there hasn\'t been any updated information.

Any advice on good accomodations is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 8)

Lee2:
My wife and I stayed in the Montebello a few times but it was getting old and has since been having some remodeling done and we have not been there since, so I cannot tell you if it is nice now.

A friend of ours recently stayed at the MAXWELL HOTEL N. Escario Street Barangay Camputhaw Cebu City Cebu
Phone: +63(32)2558700 and he was very happy with it because the place is less than a year old and has internet and good water pressure showers and it is about one mile from the Ayala Mall. It was also within your price range.

grizzi:
Thanks for the information. I will see if I can find more information on MAXWELL HOTEL on the internet.  Truthfully, I like Holiday Plaza, but they really need to start renovations in order to keep me as a customer. Loved their buffet breakfast and location also. Still, there are always new places to try out.

Thanks again!

Greg

samatm:
Greg,    check out the Parklane Hotel...Its close to Ayala and lots of folks have great things to say about the place.  When will u be in Cebu? 

http://www.agoda.com/asia/philippines/cebu/cebu_parklane_international_hotel/reviews.html

grizzi:
Well, right now, I\'m shooting for the first week of September, then head to Bohol for a few days, then back to Leyte.  I booked at the Maxwell, but will find the telephone number to the Parklane and we will probably stay there when I\'m on my way back to work at the end of September. 

Thanks for the recommendation...I hate leaving the Holiday Plaza, but until they renovate and make it worth staying in...I have no choice.

Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version