Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Laws, Regulations, Taxes as Applied to Foreigners

Becareful going to Hong Kong right now!!!!

<< < (2/5) > >>

wildbill:
The thermal camera wont work unless you already have fever or pneumonia it usually takes 4 to 6 days after contact to start being sick Today I am taking myself and her back to the hospital as of now we are not getting better we where given Zithro max 500 mil and decongestion pills I suggest you wear a face mask in Hong kong MTR or around any pet shops --here is a link you can goto ---www.chp.gov.hk/en/content/599/32028.html

suzukig1:

--- Quote from: wildbill on November 03, 2013, 08:10:16 AM ---...we where given Zithro max 500 mil...

--- End quote ---

If it is the flu this won't work.  The flu is caused by a virus and Zithromax is an antibiotic that only works on bacterial infections.

iamjames:
I have just had the flu in Manila. You cannot cure a flu - just alleviate the symptoms and sweat it out. Lemon / paracetamol / cloves are great for that in any combination. Make a strong lemon tea to wash down the paracetamol. The Irish fix is Whiskey, hot water, lemon + cloves, sugar. Just take precautions to prevent it developing into chest infection, pleurisy or pneumonia. 

Alsgopherwerks:
And the Scots version is Scotch, Honey, Lemon Juice with a little grated rind,  and Ginger

BudM:

--- Quote from: wildbill on November 02, 2013, 08:55:48 PM ---Me and my wife just returned from Hong Kong and now we Both have the Flu. and its real bad case of it, I have had it now for about 5 days until now its still Bad but slowly getting better just a warning to us all going to Hong Kong this time of year.my wifes case is much worse than mine.I hate seeing her suffer with this.

--- End quote ---

I had not gone to Hong Kong but back during the second week of September, I think I had the flu.  It started affecting me on a Sunday and it was Saturday a week later before I felt like even moving.  I was almost ready to go to the doctor but by then, I felt like I was starting to come out of it.  I was pretty sure it was only the flu as about 7 or 8 years ago, I think I got it and this time, I was feeling and the duration was almost identical.  All told, it finally cleared up and I was able to leave the compound and go somewhere about 9 days after it began.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version