Itís Your Money > Money Exchanging

Small change, how do you all handle that?

<< < (3/5) > >>

fred:
We cut a thin notch in a 4" diameter piece of bamboo (one section) and put the coins in that..That thing gets heavy.
In dry season we take a bolo to it and buy Cow manure from the kids that deliver..10 Peso per one full sack...We get a s*** load throughout the summer!

Gray Wolf:

--- Quote from: fred on May 24, 2016, 08:48:36 AM ---We cut a thin notch in a 4" diameter piece of bamboo (one section) and put the coins in that..That thing gets heavy.
In dry season we take a bolo to it and buy Cow manure from the kids that deliver..10 Peso per one full sack...We get a s*** load throughout the summer!

--- End quote ---

"a s*** load" Bwahahahaha!

JD:
I've heard that coins can be hard to come by here but that's not been my experience.  Small bills are plentiful here, too. Just the other day, the BDO ATM at the mall was giving P100 bills only. So now the wife and I are swamped with them.

Lee2:

--- Quote from: JD on May 24, 2016, 12:05:04 PM ---I've heard that coins can be hard to come by here but that's not been my experience.  Small bills are plentiful here, too. Just the other day, the BDO ATM at the mall was giving P100 bills only. So now the wife and I are swamped with them.

--- End quote ---
I have found that if I use the ATM machine and ask for p500 to p1,000 withdrawal then it gives me p100 bills but when I ask for p10,000 then it either spits out p1,000 or p500 bills, depending on the machine. I prefer the p500's but do not seem to get them often enough.

Big Jim:

--- Quote from: Mr. Lee on May 24, 2016, 07:37:31 PM --- I prefer the p500's but do not seem to get them often enough.

--- End quote ---
Aren't you in Cebu?

Just pop around to HSBC.

Even when travelling or when I was on Leyte, the ATM machine that I usually use is at HSBC in Cebu City. I would try an make the money last until I was back in Cebu City for the next withdrawal. HSBC is on C. Rosales Avenue. Opposite Ayala Mall and nearly opposite the Marriott Hotel. They have 2 ATM machines, inside, with a guard on the door 24/7.  One machine dispenses P20,000 at a time in P500 notes. The other machine dispenses P40,000 at a time in P1000 notes. Presuming  the daily withdrawal limit set by your bank is large enough to accommodate a P40,000 withdrawal. The machines accept CIRRUS, PLUS, MASTERCARD, VISA and maybe some other systems. HSBC do not charge an additional fee like all other banks ATM machines in the Philippines. At least they do not charge me. There is a message before you start saying that there may be a fee but there never is. I have not seen anyone else post that they have been charged a fee. You will still have to pay ATM fees charged by your bank.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version