Itís Your Money > USA State Income Taxes

Which states have no personal income tax?

(1/4) > >>

:
http://www.govspot.com/know/incometax.htm

Seven states have no state income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. Two others, New Hampshire and Tennessee, tax only dividend and interest income. To see how other states compare, check out the Federation of Tax Administrators\' listing of individual income tax rates for 2006.

Gray Wolf:
I know that if you live in a state that charges personal income tax, they will try to tax you while you live in the RP.† But what about someone who has a 13a or ACR?† Since you would be an actual resident of the RP, would they still try to tax you for state income taxes?

Jack

rbacon:
Graywolf,

If one\'s former state of residence, before the move to the Philippines, has a State income tax, and if one\'s income comes from that state, there still exists a filing requirement to that state.†  If the income is Social Security alone, there probably is no filing requirement (State or Federal) at all.† California does not tax Social Security.†

--Ray B

Gray Wolf:
Thank you, Ray!† I had heard something similar to that before and just wanted to get it on record here in the new Forum for others to read and discuss.† I will, however, continue to monitor the IRS and see what they have to say, when the time comes.† We have about 4 years left here before we make the final move to the RP.

Thanks again!

KurtG:

--- Quote from: graywolf on December 29, 2007, 08:55:55 AM ---Thank you, Ray!† I had heard something similar to that before and just wanted to get it on record here in the new Forum for others to read and discuss.† I will, however, continue to monitor the IRS and see what they have to say, when the time comes.† We have about 4 years left here before we make the final move to the RP.

Thanks again!

--- End quote ---
Looks like it maybe wise to set up residence in a non-taxing state before leaving!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version