Living in The Philippines > Getting here and back and getting items here and back

Philippine Airlines

(1/2) > >>

JT:
I recently attempted to book a ticket on the PAL on-line booking site here in Manila. Couldn\'t get passed the fare section, so I gave up. I called the electronic booking office and after many attempts to contact by telephone, I was finally able to present my problem.  The employee told me that I could not purchase the ticket with American Express anyway due to some fraud problem in the past. The Flag Ship of the Philippine Island and they won\'t take AMEX.

:
Yeah last Christmas I tried to pay with a Visa card and they wouldn\'t accept that either. I ended up having to book through an agent. Back to Qantas or Singapore Airlines for me unless (like last Christmas) they\'re fully booked.

Gray Wolf:

--- Quote from: JT on May 15, 2008, 04:40:08 PM ---I recently attempted to book a ticket on the PAL on-line booking site here in Manila. Couldn\'t get passed the fare section, so I gave up. I called the electronic booking office and after many attempts to contact by telephone, I was finally able to present my problem.  The employee told me that I could not purchase the ticket with American Express anyway due to some fraud problem in the past. The Flag Ship of the Philippine Island and they won\'t take AMEX.

--- End quote ---

JT,

I\'m not trying to defend PAL, Lord knows they have their problems,   ;)  but there was a problem with AMEX recently and several on line companies refused to accept them for payment.  I\'m not sure if AMEX cleared up the fraud problem or not, as I don\'t carry an AMEX card and haven\'t heard anything new since the last problem occurred.  Sorry that you had a problem with PAL and I hope you resolved your dilemma.

ChMacQueen:
I booked tickets with them and had no problems using my visa debit card.... but well thats a debit card but usually more places want a credit card then a debit card and not vice versa. Tickets were only $140 US thou for roundtrip tickets from Manila to Ozamiz so many if its not much they are more likely to accept.

Just my thoughts.

JT:

--- Quote from: graywolf on May 15, 2008, 09:46:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: JT on May 15, 2008, 04:40:08 PM ---I recently attempted to book a ticket on the PAL on-line booking site here in Manila. Couldn\'t get passed the fare section, so I gave up. I called the electronic booking office and after many attempts to contact by telephone, I was finally able to present my problem.  The employee told me that I could not purchase the ticket with American Express anyway due to some fraud problem in the past. The Flag Ship of the Philippine Island and they won\'t take AMEX.

--- End quote ---

JT,

I\'m not trying to defend PAL, Lord knows they have their problems,   ;)  but there was a problem with AMEX recently and several on line companies refused to accept them for payment.  I\'m not sure if AMEX cleared up the fraud problem or not, as I don\'t carry an AMEX card and haven\'t heard anything new since the last problem occurred.  Sorry that you had a problem with PAL and I hope you resolved your dilemma.

--- End quote ---

Forum members, comrades:
I didn\'t have any problem with Visa booking online in February for a flight with PAL to Cebu. It appears that the international flight bookings are the problem. I suppose that I will have to go to Terminal 2 PAL ticket office with a barrel full of pesos and pay for my flight. LOL I have flown with PAL for the last 5 years and this is the first time I have had a problem with on line booking. PAL is a good flight for us because it goes from Manila to Vancouver and into Las Vegas in about 18 to 20 hours. Thanks for the input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version