Itís Your Money > Starting and Running a Business

Majal, would you like to chat with me about investment in the PHL

(1/9) > >>

Lee2:
This would be an example of how people can chat with each other in more depth about something you might not wish to expand on within the open forum where even guests can usually read most of what you write, but always remember other members who are plus members can read what you write back here.

Majal:
sure...but as you know I'm only interested so I have something to do and not so much to as a 24/7 hands on. My sister is thinking of CEMETERY. Buying acres of land, glorify it like a golf course (like how some of the private cemeteries here...I see potentials of growth in that. I always though the funeral business is a good investment. There's always demand for it.

coleman2347:
Wife, does pretty good with the rice stuff...loans farmers money, gets paid in sacks of rice, one sack per 1000p, usually makes about 1000p per sack...sold something like 70 sacks last month without really trying....usually keeps a sack or two around for the neighbors I think its 40p per kilo...buts more a courtesy thing

Lee2:

--- Quote from: Majal on October 22, 2015, 03:08:44 AM ---sure...but as you know I'm only interested so I have something to do and not so much to as a 24/7 hands on. My sister is thinking of CEMETERY. Buying acres of land, glorify it like a golf course (like how some of the private cemeteries here...I see potentials of growth in that. I always though the funeral business is a good investment. There's always demand for it.

--- End quote ---
That seems like a great idea, I had already seen something like that advertised on TV while in Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao, I am not sure of the zoning issues or the dealing with pay off issues to get land zoned but at least the residents will not be complainers.  ;)

Another idea might be a funeral home that has one of those ovens to cremate people, they get to sell urns and charge for the cremation, there has to be some big profit in both and if you had a cemetery as well, then you would be all set.

Majal:

--- Quote from: coleman2347 on October 22, 2015, 02:29:33 PM ---Wife, does pretty good with the rice stuff...loans farmers money, gets paid in sacks of rice, one sack per 1000p, usually makes about 1000p per sack...sold something like 70 sacks last month without really trying....usually keeps a sack or two around for the neighbors I think its 40p per kilo...buts more a courtesy thing

--- End quote ---

That's one of the business my family run for years Lee. It has it's Up and Down  esp with Mother Nature unpredictable. But your right, no sweat at all... Rice has been expensive as well over there isn't it? My cousin own a rice mill also (theres only 2 in town so theres demand there).  Would you guys be able to do that in Pampangga as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version