Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Hot Air Balloon Fiesta  (Read 3298 times)

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
Hot Air Balloon Fiesta
« on: February 14, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »
I was at Clark Air Base last Friday Feb 11 to see the balloons. Was very lucky with the weather, glorious sunshine and light breezes. Here\'s a short video of the balloons at dawn.

Small | Large

Richard

Offline halibaitor

Re: Hot Air Balloon Fiesta
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 08:38:06 AM »
Incredible video...   ;D

I really liked the Darth Vader, and \"upside down\" balloons...   Wish I could have been there.

Offline Oztravels

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 09:42:53 AM »
Wonderful footage. We will add this to our things to do next year. By the way what video camera did you use?

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:07:10 PM »
Wonderful footage. We will add this to our things to do next year. By the way what video camera did you use?

Thanks. Yes it is definitely worth a visit. And I\'d never been to Angeles City before, so that was an eyeopener for me and quite good fun as well.

The camera is a Canon XH-A1, recording HDV format to miniDV tape. It\'s a bit large for carting around, but i\'m used to it after years of practice.

Richard

Offline kokopeli

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:53:48 PM »
It\'s nice to see that ballooning has a following in the Philippines.  I live in New Mexico where there is one of the largest hot air balloon fiestas in the world.  I saw the Darth Vader balloon a few years ago.  So yes, something else to add to my list-of-things-to-do when I relocate to the Philippines. 

Koko
In theory, practice and theory are the same . . . in practice, they are not!