Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Enchanted Kingdom Video  (Read 4630 times)

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
Enchanted Kingdom Video
« on: January 04, 2011, 06:14:26 AM »
Hi. Here\'s a video of Enchanted Kingdom (Santa Rosa, Laguna province) that I shot for a friend last week. Some of the rides look like fun but the queues didn\'t! Ha ha my fault for going there on a public holiday. :)

Small | Large

Richard

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
Re: Enchanted Kingdom Video
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 12:03:44 PM »
Fun place and like $10 all you can ride all day !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 12:27:25 PM »
Quality video Richard......cam type?

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »

Thanks Cap\'n. It\'s a Canon XH-A1, recording HDV to tape. I still love the results I can get with this cam, even though it\'s a few years old now and not the latest technology. Just like me, ha ha.

Richard

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »
Fun place and like $10 all you can ride all day !

Hi Dylan. I think it was slightly more expensive, P500, when I went, due to the peak holiday period. But it is good value if you are prepared to wait in line (or is it fall in line? ha ha) for the rides. By comparison, Universal Studios in Singapore cost around USD50+ last year, and their \"star\" attraction ride, Battlestar Galactica, has yet to open due to design problems. It is certainly worth a trip to EK if you are in the area.

Richard

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 07:00:18 PM »

Thanks Cap\'n. It\'s a Canon XH-A1, recording HDV to tape. I still love the results I can get with this cam, even though it\'s a few years old now and not the latest technology. Just like me, ha ha.

Richard

The image stabilisation is great - appears to have been shot from a tripod

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »

Richard

The image stabilisation is great - appears to have been shot from a tripod

Yes the OIS is pretty good if you hold it steady and keep it as wide as possible. I like to use a tripod when possible, but this was all handheld.

Richard

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
That\'s a SERIOUSLY serious piece of kit (even at Singapore prices - you are the dude that relocated from Singapore right?)

I\'ll be looking at MUCH lower end stuff later this year

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 06:34:30 AM »
That\'s a SERIOUSLY serious piece of kit (even at Singapore prices - you are the dude that relocated from Singapore right?)

I\'ll be looking at MUCH lower end stuff later this year

Yes, I lived there for nearly 20 years, then moved to Philippines in Oct 2010. I noticed that camera and video equipment is a lot more expensive here, so I plan to hold on to my XH-A1 until it expires.

Richard