Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Hobbies and Interests

Hobbies for expats what are yours?

<< < (4/9) > >>

BingColin:
I have been slowly updating my website, particularly the section on converting photos to paintings. http://thephilippinejournal.wikifoundry.com/page/Conversion+to+paintings .I have just started using v4 of Digital Auto Painter which has a lot more variables and also includes elements of Mediachance Photo-Reactor. I am not sure of the benefits of Photo-Reactor so need to experiment with both programmes for a while.

My efforts in updating have shown me the need to create a new website so I will be working on that sometime soon :-\. I will post any relevant results.

meylou:
Very nice work, Colin.  :)

ABCDeVil:

--- Quote ---Everyone is welcome to look at it, but I still have not decided on the final structure yet and also need to expand on some of the entries.

--- End quote ---

Hi Colin,

I have had a great read of your site and have learnt some things from you, on the design aspects. Yes I agree vents, high up, are the only way to drag the cool air up and away. For me, the only thing I would add to a house like that, would be a complete covered patio, at least 180cm wide. This would help to keep the lower walls cooler, during the day and add to any breezes that reach the house. Another thing I would use on the patio, would be breeze collector (in the form of halved blue drums), spinning drums to generate electricity. Thus reducing your electric bills. Just a thought.

Bruce

quote part repaired. Diba

BingColin:

--- Quote ---
Hi Colin,

I have had a great read of your site and have learnt some things from you, on the design aspects. Yes I agree vents, high up, are the only way to drag the cool air up and away. For me, the only thing I would add to a house like that, would be a complete covered patio, at least 180cm wide. This would help to keep the lower walls cooler, during the day and add to any breezes that reach the house. Another thing I would use on the patio, would be breeze collector (in the form of halved blue drums), spinning drums to generate electricity. Thus reducing your electric bills. Just a thought.

Bruce

--- End quote ---

Hi Bruce, thanks for the comments.

My original design had a third floor 'Crows Nest' which was partly intended to extract the hot air from the surrounding rooms. This was deleted because it would have added around another P M to the cost and was complicated to prevent any rain getting down the stairs.

The three inches of polystyrene in the centre of all the walls help to keep the interior cool. The walls are cold inside even with the full sun on them all day.

Any way to reduce the cost of electricity here is worthwhile because it is so expensive. Unfortunately we get little breeze here even although we are fairly open. We have mountains to the west and north of us and the sea is almost a mile to the east so the sea breezes don't reach us. In some ways it is a good thing because tornadoes are very rare here as well :)

Something weird is happening with the quote signs ??

ABCDeVil:
Sorry Colin, there is nothing wrong with the quote, the problem was mine, as I deleted the top part by mistake.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version