Living in The Philippines > Getting here and back and getting items here and back

\" Lunch Sir ? \"

(1/1)

jonnyivy:
Had a bit of a laugh at Cebu airport on our way home the other night. Our starting flight home was at 7.30 pm and to make sure we didn\'t have any last minute glitches, we arrived at the check-in quite early. As we passed through the customs, passport control, my wife and kid and I decided to walk around for a while inside the departure terminal. Just outside our departing gate lounge was an older lady, sitting on a chair with a small table in front of her with a charity tin. She stopped me and asked \" lunch Sir ? \" . As I was quite hungry I turned to my wife and asked if she fancied something to eat as well. I said to the lady ( who spoke broken English ), how much does it cost ? She replied,\" anything sir would like to give, its for charity \". So I asked where is it served, and is it a buffet ?. She Replied in her English, \" its through there,and you can sit where you want\" pointing to where we were going anyway. I turned to my wife and said we should put in a few notes as well as our loose change as I,m somewhat of a big eater. So after filling up her tin with our cash, watching her eyes light up as I produced some bigger notes, I asked her \"where do we get served ? \". She then just smiled and pointed and again in her broken English wispered \" Lounge Sir.. Lounge \" I went and had a look and looked at my wife when it dawned on us she had been saying \" Lounge Sir \"  !!!!... We sat in our departure lounge waiting for the plane, laughing at the whole matter over and over again.  Never mind,,...at least some kids charity will hopefully benefit from our givings !! It was a small price to pay for another wonderfull holiday over in Cebu.

John ( Back freezing in the snow in Scotland )

:
John,

Great story & exactly the sort of thing Dee & I are capable of.  ::) Like you said, the charity benefited & you had a laugh. Win - Win  8)

You\'re not a typical Scot then  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version