Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: All Things Philippine  (Read 7312 times)

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: All Things Philippine
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2020, 08:07:11 AM »
That makes the MUD about one shade clearer.....olive branch offered if you think I shat on you.
Will be back in Cabanatuan once things get cleared up up for non restrictive travel, Red Horse & Balut or a shot of piss on me..take your pick John Wayne!   
Also for clarification, when Gary M went walkabout on LIP3, he was the administrator and, to my belief, removed most moderation tools for the moderators. He did not pass on his password to the other moderators to manage the site.  So the site, even if Yahoo groups had survived, was sadly in lock down mode and on a death spiral .

I had and never would have intended to purloin members from a group by posting on that group. LIP3 was an unusual situation. We had one person try to do that already on our site. 

I really did not want to be an owner or moderator but only wanted to save the LIP3 family.

I also wish continued success to the LIP Forum.  My belief is that we are not competing but complementing each other by assisting people about Philippine related matters. Again, I do not benefit in any way from ATP.  There are other Philippine related sites, not to name them, that actually try to sell their services on immigration matters, etc. 

And to quote the movie Stripes  "that's the fact Jack"!  LOL

Again Merry Christmas and Happy New Year LIP Forum members.
Health and prosperity to all.

PS--Jack, as an aside, please write to me. It would be good to keep in touch.
MS

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 09:35:07 AM »
GW, Back around 2003/04 when I made some fun trips to the beautiful lands of Saudi, Qatar, Turkey & Afghanistan is when I found the LIP...1, 2.....3 or whatever is was titled by Don Harrington...REALLY.... back then. I joined & enjoyed but I eventually dropped off for those reasons for quite a few years.  Shizer!..... it took me ten years to recover from that great excitement. I finally refound the current LIP around 2013 which was not the same site anymore. That's when I rejoined but still vacationing on those  fun trips.....you know  MEDS as my new friend Highwayman stated.
Take a walk in my boots New Member HighwayMan and I'll still piss in your Red Horse.

Go ahead and and moderate me....lol 8)

Now that everyone is thoroughly caught up, or thoroughly confused as the case may be, I'll pop back in just to say I had a bit of confusion going as well. My mind is not as sharp as it once was and got confused and mis-remembered a thing or two. Michael (goldofmorning) and I have been friends for many years. He called and we had a good conversation. Michael, I hope all is forgiven for any misconception on my part. I apologize.

To further clarify, LinP3 is the nickname for the now defunct Yahoo group Living in the Philippines 3. LIP references the main, primary, original Living in the Philippines website created by Don Herrington which is the home base for this Forum. They do not operate as separate entities. If the website goes down, the forum goes down.

Now, I think it's time for me to have my early afternoon nip of sweet honeydew vine water and chill  8)

Edit by Steve: Closed up the excess space.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 04:48:49 PM by Steve & Myrlita »
MS

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 04:52:40 PM »
A reminder to all members,
You may attack the post but not the poster. Play nice or suspensions will be handed out. This is the only warning you will receive.

See Rules: http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=48245.0

*Flames and profanity are not allowed.  If you disagree, attack the position, not the person, please!  If you attack the person you will be removed or banned, whether your position is right or wrong.*
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2020, 12:35:59 AM »
GW, Back around 2003/04 when I made some fun trips to the beautiful lands of Saudi, Qatar, Turkey & Afghanistan is when I found the LIP...1, 2.....3 or whatever is was titled by Don Harrington

Welcome home!  8)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2020, 07:09:32 AM »
Thanx...gonna just go into a read mode of the forum so often to keep up with Philippine/USA life so as not to be be a member with replies of snipes or other offensive quotes.
Welcome home!  8)
MS