Living in The Philippines > Expat life in Philippines

Those darn lizards!

<< < (4/4)

HappyBee:

--- Quote from: JoeLP on July 08, 2017, 02:25:06 PM ---I don't mind them as long as they stay on the walls and not the ceilings.  Tina found some "foam/rubber" style balls.  On top of those my parents sent some hackey sacs and hard foam balls for the kids and they no longer use.  I started aiming for the lizards on the ceiling when i saw them and in about 3 months they rarely went up there.  After about a year they just stopped.  Once in a while we still see one up there but even my doubting Tina(She swore there was no way to stop them) now will throw a ball at one.  Been months since we last saw one trying out the danger zone.

--- End quote ---

Interesting. I will give this a try too. It must mean they have some kind of memory or awareness of the danger...

iamjames:
If the house is clean and disinfected every day Plus adequate netting on every window, there will be no mosquitos and consequently no geckos.

AggieExPat:
My wife is horrified of lizards, even though she grew up here.  The way we deal with it is of course A/C, but we seal windows and doors but if you have to open them make sure you have a screen on windows and doors.  Seal everything including electrical outlets...lol

Second, get rid of the food source which is insects.  We use a variety of insect killers but we fumigate at least on a monthly basis.  This has significantly reduce the amount of lizards inside for the exception of a lone rogue once in a while.  My wife is a neat freak so the house is usually spotless.  No food is ever left out in the open..

This has helped us cope... and restored my sanity..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version