Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Re: 2022 COLA  (Read 1961 times)

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: 2022 COLA
« on: September 07, 2021, 06:50:12 AM »
Wowww....the 2022 Military and SSI estimated COLAS are looking at 5.6 for both!!...Too bad its been quagmired  by sleepy Joe and his hoe already.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 05:52:05 PM by bigrod »
MS

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Re: 2022 COLA
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 06:24:53 PM »
They always seem to have post a higher percetnage before it's approved in October, but any COLA increase is surley will be appreciated.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline clarkee

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Air Reserve Technician
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 02:03:55 AM »
I'm hearing here in the US the COLA will be announced on Oct 13.  Now seeing is believing.  My civil service pension will be quite a bit lower since I'm under FERS and Not CSRS.  About 1% lower if its over a 2% inflation.  Not sure what my Air Force Reserve pension will be with 10% VA.  Anything is better then nothing unless it puts you in a higher tax bracket. LOL!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 11:21:11 PM »
It has been confirmed that the COLA for 2022 will be 5.9%
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 11:50:43 PM »
That's a good thing...but its not enough to cover the damages that Sleepy Joe is causing!!

It has been confirmed that the COLA for 2022 will be 5.9%
MS

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 06:06:58 AM »
That's a good thing...but its not enough to cover the damages that Sleepy Joe is causing!!
I hear you.  My parents talked often about the inflation and s*** in the Carter and early Reagan years.  My grand parents made the same statements you made concerning the damage done is worse than the COLA increases given.  What turned out nice for them was the late 80's into most of the 90's, those raises from a decade plus prior really helped out(at least until they passed in the late 90's). 
I'm wondering if the same will be true here.  Will the raises this year(and probably the next couple-few years) be a gift if the economy can be calmed down and inflation stopped or slowed down to a trickle over the following 10 years or so. 
I think most have already accepted that dems are done as of next year, even as then many of the dems that were in dem controlled areas are retiring(I think the number is up to over  10 now in the house alone and we're over a year away from election) as well as all the polls showing a huge red wave.  Which basically means, nothing will happen as the GOP lack a spine to do something.  But, nothing is usually better than something when it comes to the federal government.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 03:46:44 PM by JoeLP »
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 10:13:56 AM »
I'm wondering if the same will be true here.

This time in there is no Volker to rescue the currency.   More importantly there is no will to do so.