Living in The Philippines > Education in the Philippines

Private PI elementry schools with US affiliation ?

<< < (2/4) > >>

MotorSarge:
That is even more sad news...how could any PI native afford that let alone some westerner families.

jjcabgou:

--- Quote from: MotorSarge on November 06, 2019, 02:36:17 AM ---That is even more sad news...how could any PI native afford that let alone some westerner families.

--- End quote ---

Just to let you know MotorSarge, there are a LOT of filipino families than you probably realize, that can and do afford that tuition.    Small sample size, but just for example, I am the only ex pat in this subdivision (all the others are filipinos), and I would venture to guess I am the poorest resident here.  All the people I golf with have enough money to cover that tuition etc..   There are a lot of wealthy people in this country. 

bigrod:

--- Quote from: jjcabgou on November 07, 2019, 06:21:56 PM ---Just to let you know MotorSarge, there are a LOT of filipino families than you probably realize, that can and do afford that tuition.    Small sample size, but just for example, I am the only ex pat in this subdivision (all the others are filipinos), and I would venture to guess I am the poorest resident here.  All the people I golf with have enough money to cover that tuition etc..   There are a lot of wealthy people in this country. 

--- End quote ---

Yeah I think the house across the street(maybe another one) from you is for sale for Php 18M.  Probably not the most expensive in the subdivision.

Chuck

MotorSarge:
Hopefully I'll have my chance to see some of all of this in about 6 weeks.
I plan on spending at least 4-6 days in Baguio.

David690:

--- Quote from: jjcabgou on November 07, 2019, 06:21:56 PM ---Just to let you know MotorSarge, there are a LOT of filipino families than you probably realize, that can and do afford that tuition.    Small sample size, but just for example, I am the only ex pat in this subdivision (all the others are filipinos), and I would venture to guess I am the poorest resident here.  All the people I golf with have enough money to cover that tuition etc..   There are a lot of wealthy people in this country.

--- End quote ---

I agree completely JJ.  It's similar situation on our high end subdivision, which happens to be a very fine golf course.  Our house is one of the more modest and we only have 2 cars.  Vast majority of the home owners here are rich Filipinos.The notion that Filipinos are all poor and lucky if they earn P30K a month is totally false.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version