Author Topic: Frank wants to holiday in Luzon  (Read 1959 times)

Offline John Amend-All

• Sr Member
Frank wants to holiday in Luzon
« on: July 21, 2008, 09:53:14 AM »
A \"spilled my coffee over the computer\" moment:

from guardian.co.uk, I will print it out in full, as it\'s short:

\"I\'m planning to go the Philippines in December/January. I want to visit northern Luzon - Banaue, Vigan and around there. I would like to spend a few days trekking too, but with a guide or small group. Can anyone recommend any local companies that offer this kind of thing? I\'m not looking for premium service but something fairly rough and ready. Also not a marathon trek, but say 10-15 miles a day. Any suggestions for this, or perhaps even low-key guided tours of the area, would be welcome.
Frank\"

As far as I know this guy is not affiliated to any Philippines groups and wants to come here. How rare is that, at least from a Brit

This is the address to send help/advice. I think I will tell about WOW Philippines tours. I hope other folk will contribute as well.

been.there@guardian.co.uk

John

Re: Frank wants to holiday in Luzon
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:25:47 PM »

\"I\'m planning to go the Philippines in December/January. I want to visit northern Luzon - Banaue, Vigan and around there. I would like to spend a few days trekking too, but with a guide or small group. Can anyone recommend any local companies that offer this kind of thing? I\'m not looking for premium service but something fairly rough and ready. Also not a marathon trek, but say 10-15 miles a day. Any suggestions for this, or perhaps even low-key guided tours of the area, would be welcome.
Frank\"

As far as I know this guy is not affiliated to any Philippines groups and wants to come here. How rare is that, at least from a Brit

This is the address to send help/advice. I think I will tell about WOW Philippines tours. I hope other folk will contribute as well.

John

..or tell him about our Forum & advise that he joins for all the advise & info he needs.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:56:59 AM »

John

..or tell him about our Forum & advise that he joins for all the advise & info he needs.

Yes, get that man signed up right here at LinPC!  He can learn much in the way of general topics and also dig into details of his proposed trek as well.

Jack
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline John Amend-All

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 10:31:29 AM »
I will try, Jack.

I sent a reply to the Guardian website but I don\'t know if the guy gets my email address from there. I will ask.

John

Offline John Amend-All

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 05:38:52 PM »
Well. I\'m all of a tremble. The Guardian posted my advice to Frank on its website. Here\'s their email to me:

\"Hi John

Thanks for submitting your suggestions for this week\'s travel dilemmas page - your answer is now up on the site here: http://www.ivebeenthere.co.uk/articles/last-week-s-questions.jsp

I will forward the full message along with your email address to Frank directly, so he can contact you if he has further questions.

Kind regards
Sarah Bourn
guardian.co.uk/travel
guardian.co.uk/beenthere\"

so you can read what I wrote if you wish.

The second reply to him is also worth a look:

\"If you\'re looking for a guided tour you could try somewhere like Green Trails, who have a northern Luzon itinerary and an English-speaking guide. There are also shorter options such as Philippine Adventures\' Mt Pinatubo tour if you just want one or two great days out. Best of luck finding one that fits the bill!
Jennie\"

A couple of tour providers there I did not know about.

John