Author Topic: Anyone change a P500?  (Read 5959 times)

Re: Anyone change a P500?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 06:10:31 AM »
if you build your house out of concrete and metal, the chances of it burning down are pretty slim...IMO

Furniture, clothes, furnishings, beds, bedding etc etc all flammable  ??? Hmm house survives, contents & occupants burnt to a crisp  :o I think I will stick with a good escape route  8) ;)

The vast majorities of household fires are started by wiring or in the kitchen , so I recommend that all your furnishings be also made from concrete and metal and your beddings and clothings be made from nomex... problem solved no crispy people ;D

Rufus,

I just KNEW you had a sensible solution to this problem
  ;D ;D ::) ;)

Offline donstruan

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 04:23:38 AM »
You can always ask the burglars if they have change for a 500P bill. he he

I never liked the idea of having so many bars and walls obstructing the view and creating a hazard, but it has its benefits. Even with a ten foot wall with broken glass and barbed wire, and metal bars on the windows, my wife was awakened by a thief stealing her cellphone with a wooden contraption through the window. I wasn\'t in country, but luckily nothing else happened.

There are too many people loitering, too many isolated areas, too many opportunities and not enough competent police forces there.

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 05:17:10 AM »
Although we have bars on our lower level we have none on the bedroom level upstairs, there is no roof access for them to climb on to get access and then there is our really noisy dog. When people are around he barks, all of the time, but at night when we are asleep he is quiet, but if someone comes within his territory he will let them and us know very quickly, he is well fed and exercised and does not accept treats from strangers. So if someone came over the fence we would know about it as soon as their feet hit our property. Sometimes we are alerted when a sister in law tries to sneak in at night after returning from a gathering past the time the gates are locked, and is heard telling the dog to be quiet, so far it has not worked for her, I doubt it would work for anyone else. Basset Hounds have a bark that is low, long and loud, he does not speak askal, and therefore when other dogs are barking he does not join in, this works very well for us.
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline wheels92083

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 07:31:10 PM »
if you build your house out of concrete and metal, the chances of it burning down are pretty slim...IMO

Furniture, clothes, furnishings, beds, bedding etc etc all flammable  ??? Hmm house survives, contents & occupants burnt to a crisp  :o I think I will stick with a good escape route  8) ;)

The vast majorities of household fires are started by wiring or in the kitchen , so I recommend that all your furnishings be also made from concrete and metal and your beddings and clothings be made from nomex... problem solved no crispy people ;D

See now I figured you for a Red Horse sprinkler system