Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Petitioning family members other than parents  (Read 4857 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Petitioning family members other than parents
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 07:20:29 AM »
Immigration is now working on applications filed in 1986 per an immigration attorney.  :o So be prepared to wait 15 - 20 years unless you marry.

Marry my niece??!!   ??? ??? ???    I don\'t believe you read the posts thoroughly.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Petitioning family members other than parents
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 07:26:43 AM »
Maybe there is a hope for your niece. I\'m not quite sure how to reference it but my husband just tell me his story. Here goes...His lola was being petitioned by his Aunt around the year 1990\'s. After providing all the needed documents and passing the interview. His lola was successful to get a visa. During that time, they were not aware that my husband can come with his lola since he was below 18 yr old when she leaves the Philippines the first time. All they have to do is to prove that his lola was his legal guardian during that time and he lives with her and she\'s the one who raised my husband. Actually raising him was true and his lola was his legal guardian during that time since his mother has another family already. From the link below, I read that they just need to secure a court order. Please see link: http://immigration.gov.ph//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=239&Itemid=37

Hope this helps, good luck :)

Dyenne,

Thanks, but this has nothing to do with my niece\'s situation.  At this time her only hope is to file for an immigration visa on her own, or hope that she can get a hospital in the US to file for a work visa on her behalf. 

Right now she\'s working for a hospital doing nursing duty in outlying provinces with no resident medical teams in place.  The hospital sends a group of nurses and a doctor to an area for a week or so to assist all the individuals they can.  This at least gives her some practical experience, something necessary for her to get a visa to work in a hospital in the US, at this time.

I appreciate everyone\'s input, but for right now it appears her only hope is to find a hospital willing to file for a work visa, as Rufus and others have pointed out.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH