Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Started construction of our new house (pics)  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Flt Simulation

• Sr Member
Started construction of our new house (pics)
« on: September 16, 2008, 03:38:51 PM »
Just started construction of our new house here in Bacolod. We bought the lot about 5 months ago in an Ayala subdivision just outside of the city. The lot is just slightly under 500 sq meters. Just thought I would share a few photos with you.

The house with be a total of 298 sq meters under roof (3,208 sq feet) ... This space includes the covered 2 car garage and covered patio.

There is a total of 243 sq meters living area (2,616 sq feet) ... This space does not include the garage or covered patio.

Here is a photo of the lot before construction started (all utilities are underground in this subdivision):

Here is a drawing of what it will look like once completed:

The 2 drawings below are simplified drawings of the the 1st and 2nd floorplans:

The kitchen is 6.0 x 4.0 meters (24.0 sq meters) ..... 19’ 8” x 13’ 1” (258 sq feet) ...... This includes cabinet space

The master bedroom downstairs is: 5.0 x 5.0 meters (25.0 sq meters) ..... 16’ 5” x 16’ 5” (269 sq feet)

The 3 bedrooms upstairs are each: 5.0 x 4.5 meters (22.5 sq meters) ..... 16’ 5” x 14’ 9” (242 sq feet)

Here is some of the work that has just started:

Here they dug one of the holes that the cement support columns will poured into. You can see the steel rebar is made into a structural ladder type of affair. Then they will place a plywood frame around all of it to hold the cement until it cures:

Out of Stock Sir !

Re: Started construction of our new house (pics)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
Just started construction of our new house here in Bacolod. We bought the lot about 5 months ago in an Ayala subdivision just outside of the city. The lot is just slightly under 500 sq meters. Just thought I would share a few photos with you.

The house with be a total of 298 sq meters under roof (3,208 sq feet) ... This space includes the covered 2 car garage and covered patio.

There is a total of 243 sq meters living area (2,616 sq feet) ... This space does not include the garage or covered patio.

Here is a photo of the lot before construction started (all utilities are underground in this subdivision):

Here is a drawing of what it will look like once completed:

The 2 drawings below are simplified drawings of the the 1st and 2nd floorplans:

The kitchen is 6.0 x 4.0 meters (24.0 sq meters) ..... 19’ 8” x 13’ 1” (258 sq feet) ...... This includes cabinet space

The master bedroom downstairs is: 5.0 x 5.0 meters (25.0 sq meters) ..... 16’ 5” x 16’ 5” (269 sq feet)

The 3 bedrooms upstairs are each: 5.0 x 4.5 meters (22.5 sq meters) ..... 16’ 5” x 14’ 9” (242 sq feet)

Here is some of the work that has just started:

Here they dug one of the holes that the cement support columns will poured into. You can see the steel rebar is made into a structural ladder type of affair. Then they will place a plywood frame around all of it to hold the cement until it cures:

For some strange reason, there are no photographs, but I have noticed that they sometimes appear later.

I would be very interested in the costing for your house as it is similar in size to the one I am planning to build. The layout will be different, with a study and workshop downstairs and the master suite  plus two bedrooms upstairs. I am also planning to build separate maids/drivers quarters at the front of the lot together with a family/visitors day room. I am getting a bit tired of people just turning up, occupying all the comfortable seats and taking over the TV. I hope also to build a swimming pool for my exercise and to keep the children amused.

Colin

Offline lwood

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »
Looks like a dream house, did they christen the first post with live chicken blood?  You must do that for luck you know.  Good luck on your building experience and don\'t get too stressed.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 09:37:33 PM »
Nice indeed.... are the Bacolod Ayala prices on par with Alabang new development prices? Not to pry or anything but we are looking also and similar units were around 15m -17m here. Well.... Were still looking  ;D

Those pics brightened up our evening!
Keep em coming !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline Flt Simulation

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 10:39:28 PM »
Don\'t know about the Christening thing ... I am not very superstitious, but I might throw something into one of the support column holes before they fill it will cement ... Maybe a copy of my old divorce papers!  ;D ... Joke lang

Ayala Land \"North Point\" land prices are really out of line if you ask me. They get 6,500 pesos per sq meter.

The good news is they discount 10% for paying cash within 30 days ... The bad news is that after they give you the discount, they then add the 12% EVAT tax ... You just can\'t win!

Lot Cost: 3,137,000 pesos
Construction Cost: 5,900,000 pesos

Total Costs: 9,037,000 pesos
Out of Stock Sir !

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:43:25 AM »
Don\'t know about the Christening thing ... I am not very superstitious, but I might throw something into one of the support column holes before they fill it will cement ... Maybe a copy of my old divorce papers!  ;D ... Joke lang

Ayala Land \"North Point\" land prices are really out of line if you ask me. They get 6,500 pesos per sq meter.

The good news is they discount 10% for paying cash within 30 days ... The bad news is that after they give you the discount, they then add the 12% EVAT tax ... You just can\'t win!

Lot Cost: 3,137,000 pesos
Construction Cost: 5,900,000 pesos

Total Costs: 9,037,000 pesos

Your construction cost are in line with my thinking, but is that a guaranteed cost or is there a possibility of extra to correct mistakes, bad workmanship etc? I have seen some very high percentage increases quoted to get a house exactly as you want it.

Colin

Offline trevor

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 12:32:15 AM »
Thanks for sharing with us. Much appreciated, and good luck with the building procedures.
Hope to build something similar with a swimming pool.

Trevor
Never look down on anyone and always extend a helping hand. Tomorrow the role may be reverse.
Life is what you make it. Nothing to do with luck.

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 05:55:33 AM »
 ;D beautiful oh yea...stillbilly ;D

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 01:10:10 PM »
For that price, you should have columns that at least......... looks like marble, feels like marble, round Roman columns.

Yep, fake round haves put together over concrete columns, rubbed down and the right painter and you have................... look-a-like, feel like, real marble columns.

Now that would add great value to the house!

A buddy has done just that on his 260+ S/M single story house with 4 full round and 8 half round inside/outside columns.

BTW, is there a GI roof under that tiled roof or something else? I hope so, if not and a tile creaks/leaks, there\'s a big problem down the road!

Learning to build and what\'s available in the Philippines from others.
B-Ray 

Offline Flt Simulation

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 02:30:33 PM »
B-Ray

There will be metal undersheathing (GI) installed under the TBF clay tile roofing ... From what I have seen, that is the only way it\'s done here in the Philippines when tile is used on the roof.
Out of Stock Sir !

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 10:09:58 AM »
Don\'t mislead folks with \"the only way\"! 

If might be the \"only way\" in your area, OR with your contractor. But, (always a \"but\" somewhere  ;D), not a total coverage across this country, PERIOD! Meaning I\'ve seen TOOOOO much........... to make such a statement with Pinoy building anything hold true, from Baguio to Tagum and places in-between!  :(

I\'m glad to hear your roofing is \"1st cabin\"!
B-Ray

B-Ray

There will be metal undersheathing (GI) installed under the TBF clay tile roofing ... From what I have seen, that is the only way it\'s done here in the Philippines when tile is used on the roof.