Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: A Glitch?  (Read 15701 times)

A Glitch?
« on: January 14, 2008, 08:00:40 AM »
I notice that \'Show unread posts since last visit\' is showing posts that have been read† :(†  I think your recent changes have produced a bug.

Colin

Re: A Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 09:37:09 AM »
Colin,

Thanks for the report but it is working fine for me. Is anyone else experiencing this?

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »
Keith, this only happens occasionally, but I have seen it several times. Like a lot of software problems, it will often depend on the direction you approach them from, i.e what you did previously.

Colin

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 10:50:37 AM »
When I click on \"show unread posts since last visit\" I get nothing.† No unread posts at all.† I have to find them by searching each category manually.†  :(
Ako si Goyo.†† Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 11:03:11 AM »
GregW,

That\'s because you\'re \"special\"...† :o :) ;)

Just remember that this Forum Database is FREE, the Helpers here are FREE and anything you get for FREE is worth exactly what you pay for it!

Someday we\'ll get all the kinks out of this. Anything is better than Yahoo, right???

;)

Billy

When I click on \"show unread posts since last visit\" I get nothing.† No unread posts at all.† I have to find them by searching each category manually.†  :(

Offline shortman

• Sr Member
  • This account is now being used by his widow
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »
No prob\'s here with unread msg\'s; so far it works fine for me.
Effective November 2014 this account is now being used by Lar, Shortman's widow.

Offline Robm

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »
I discovered the \"read the most recent post\" at the bottom of the home page. That is what I use now so I can easliy scroll through all the postings.

Robm

Rick B

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 12:56:48 PM »
Yes, it\'s been working for me fine the \"show unread posts\" i find it useful

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 01:24:07 PM »

Hi Greg,

Try Rob\'s alternative \'Read the most recent posts\' at the bottom of the home page. This gives you a Digest of posts, like emails. Let us know if this works.

Cheers

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 03:36:30 PM »

Hi Greg,

Try Rob\'s alternative \'Read the most recent posts\' at the bottom of the home page. This gives you a Digest of posts, like emails. Let us know if this works.

Cheers

It certainly works and is useful. Perhaps you should put it at the top of the page with \'Show all unread....\' and \'Show all new replies....\' and make them bold.

Colin

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »
Just remember that this Forum Database is FREE

Aw, Billy. You\'re one step ahead of me.† You knew I was going to ask for my money back didn\'t you?†  ;D

Keith, I did as you suggested and tried Rob\'s method.† Yes, that works.

Wasn\'t really trying to complain as I like the new forum.† Mostly wanted to report something that didn\'t seem to work.† Now, if I could just figure out how to view this on my blackberry.†  :)
Ako si Goyo.†† Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 11:54:22 AM »
GregW,

I saw a sign on the back of a Septic cleaning truck that I\'d like to paraphrase:

Satisfaction guaranteed or double your [YAHOO!] back!!!

:D

Billy

Just remember that this Forum Database is FREE

Aw, Billy. You\'re one step ahead of me.† You knew I was going to ask for my money back didn\'t you?†  ;D

Keith, I did as you suggested and tried Rob\'s method.† Yes, that works.

Wasn\'t really trying to complain as I like the new forum.† Mostly wanted to report something that didn\'t seem to work.† Now, if I could just figure out how to view this on my blackberry.†  :)

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 08:04:59 PM »
Seems to be a problem with the latest posts links at top left hand side unless there really were no new posts in the last week.
Its an important feature so well worth fixing IMO.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »
Fred,

I have checked the \'Show unread posts since last visit\' where I saw your post (always use this & no problems) and checked the \'View most recent posts\' at the bottom of the index page. Both are working perfectly. Try again. Maybe a communication loss with the server.

Thanks for posting it though.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 05:39:23 PM »
Seems to be a problem with the latest posts links at top left hand side unless there really were no new posts in the last week.
Its an important feature so well worth fixing IMO.

I am finding the same problem. No new posts were listed but when I look through the lists I find new posts.

Colin