Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Boracay or Palawan  (Read 5365 times)

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: Boracay or Palawan
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 02:25:29 PM »
Just jawing with a neighbour, who suggested avoiding Palawan in rainy season Dec-Jan due to increased mosquito, sand fly activity and said Mar & April are best time to visit

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 09:51:49 PM »
Just jawing with a neighbour, who suggested avoiding Palawan in rainy season Dec-Jan due to increased mosquito, sand fly activity and said Mar & April are best time to visit
Also the hottest time of the year (up to 107F Heat index)....God Bless
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 08:20:55 AM »

I can\'t say that I have noticed any change with mosquitoes, they do breed in static water which could, in theory, increase in the rain season, but we rarely get continuous rain, just occasional showers and the puddles dry up in between. Sand flies can be a problem on some beaches but not every beach, and this must be the same wherever you go in the Philippines.

Colin

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 08:44:12 AM »

I don\'t know where you got your information from, but this is the coolest time of the year. 107F is 46C and I have never known it get that high during the hottest periods later in the year. Right now, 9.00am, it is a comfortable 26C and later in the day it will go up to around 29-30C. Later in the year the early afternoon temperatures will rise to around 34C. If you are including the humidity factor in your Heat Index figure, then that is misleading because it varies a lot and is not often very high.

Colin

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 01:27:51 PM »

I don\'t know where you got your information from, but this is the coolest time of the year. 107F is 46C and I have never known it get that high during the hottest periods later in the year. Right now, 9.00am, it is a comfortable 26C and later in the day it will go up to around 29-30C. Later in the year the early afternoon temperatures will rise to around 34C. If you are including the humidity factor in your Heat Index figure, then that is misleading because it varies a lot and is not often very high.

Colin
That may indeed be true there in Palawan. Here in Negros however, using my weatherbug page which reports weather from Mactan Airport in Cebu which is the closest station to Bacolod City, it has reached 94F and heat index with humidity to reach 107F. If you are curious, here\'s the link I use...
http://weather.weatherbug.com/Philippines/Bacolod%20City-weather/local-observations.html?zcode=z6100
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 05:12:08 PM »

Colin
That may indeed be true there in Palawan. Here in Negros however, using my weatherbug page which reports weather from Mactan Airport in Cebu which is the closest station to Bacolod City, it has reached 94F and heat index with humidity to reach 107F. If you are curious, here\'s the link I use...
http://weather.weatherbug.com/Philippines/Bacolod%20City-weather/local-observations.html?zcode=z6100

Your post gave the impression that you were referring to Palawan. Here is the equivalent link for Puerto Princesa
http://weather.weatherbug.com/Philippines/Puerto%20Princesa%20City-weather.html?nav_section=1&zcode=z6100

Maybe you should think about moving  ;D

Colin

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 03:23:43 PM »
Although never being there myself I have several friend who have visited Puerto Princesa and said it is the hidden treasure of the RP. I would hedge my bets on Colin\'s suggestions.

Murf

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 10:28:39 PM »

Although never being there myself I have several friend who have visited Puerto Princesa and said it is the hidden treasure of the RP. I would hedge my bets on Colin\'s suggestions.

Murf

Murf, you have been misinformed, it not a nice place to visit, Mosquitoes, Muslim rebels and lots of tourists tramping around. Borocay is the place to go. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Colin

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 06:11:18 AM »
Darn that makes 6 times this week alone I have been \"misinformed\"...oh well such is life, live and learn and enjoy what you can when you can. Thanks for the input thought, will no where to not to visit first!

:) Murf