Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Our Family House in Naval  (Read 2213 times)

Offline renocouple

Our Family House in Naval
« on: March 09, 2009, 08:06:03 AM »
Hello,

Here\'s the family house we\'re building in Naval (Biliran, Province) for my family.† It\'s a 4BR/2Baths house, For only less than $50,000.† Size is approximately 1,500 sq. ft for the 2 (1 3/4) floors.† We started the construction last October \'08 and now its almost liveable. Just waiting for the windows and the carved doors to be delivered and it\'s ready for occupancy.† We did not hire a contractor, just a good foreman, selected masons and carpenters. Pay the laborers weekly and buy the materials weekly or as needed.† We modify the house a litltle bit and put a little balcony on the 2nd floor...

R&P

Hubby\'s favorite!

Re: Our Family House in Naval
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:35:58 AM »
Hi Reno,

What is the total floor area (both floors) in square metres, and what does the cost work out in Peso\'s per square metre? Figures seem to vary a lot from around P10,000-P15,000sqm for a reasonable Philippine style house to double that for a house built to \'western\' standards.

Colin

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:29:09 AM »
Looks like a very nice home. Hope you enjoy it.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline renocouple

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 12:45:03 PM »
hi Colin,

Im not sure with the figures, but 1st floor is like 1,250 sq.ft. while 2nd floor is like 900 sq. ft... The lot area is almost 2,800 sq. ft. Its a residential area, so its pretty tight... Its for the whole family, so when everybody comes home, we have a place to stay... Mainly for papa and sister, most brothers are out of the country.† We designed the house based on western standard, especially the kitchen, its a must!† Will post more pics later!†

Pau

Hi Reno,

What is the total floor area (both floors) in square metres, and what does the cost work out in Peso\'s per square metre? Figures seem to vary a lot from around P10,000-P15,000sqm for a reasonable Philippine style house to double that for a house built to \'western\' standards.

Colin

Hubby\'s favorite!

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »
hi Colin,

Im not sure with the figures, but 1st floor is like 1,250 sq.ft. while 2nd floor is like 900 sq. ft... The lot area is almost 2,800 sq. ft. Its a residential area, so its pretty tight... Its for the whole family, so when everybody comes home, we have a place to stay... Mainly for papa and sister, most brothers are out of the country.† We designed the house based on western standard, especially the kitchen, its a must!† Will post more pics later!†

Pau

According to my trusty conversion calculator and some approximations that works out to around 200sqm for about P2.4M. That is P12,000 per square metre, you have done very well if you have built up to western standards. A good kitchen is also essential for me, I am a bit tired of living in a standard Philippine house with room for just a two burner stove and a rice cooker.
I look forward to seeing some more Photos.

Colin

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 11:44:43 PM »
Nice house!† I\'m sure you\'ll both be very cozy once you get tucked in and have everything up and running.† We\'ve been busy putting together ideas for our house design.† We won\'t have an unlimited amount of money to spend on our house, so seeing what you have going up for around $50K makes me feel better about our ideas.†

Please continue posting your photos and telling us about your building experience.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline renocouple

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 05:48:00 AM »
Hello Colin and Gray Wolf,

The house is for wifey\'s family, we haven\'t found a design for our own home in the future.† We are hoping to find a property for us when we visit this June.† Pau designed the house herself for her family, getting ideas from different pictures online, and it came out pretty good, not bad for the price.

Here\'s more pics inside! The kitchen is almost finished, they use granite tiles on countertop. Wifey knows how to upload, so im outta here!

R&P

cabinets

countertop

2nd floor†

Hubby\'s favorite!