Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: thailand or philippines  (Read 7403 times)

Offline fwinder

Re: thailand or philippines
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 03:58:25 AM »
it looks like a lot of different opinions as to what it costs and what you get some say 2 mill enough others disagree for 5 mill i would think above the norm 4 bed house etc.
†  For 2 mill or there about i would like 3 bed house with kitchen tile roof and roof insulated and insulated walls as this is what westerners do in Thailand to keep the heat out not a great big house with large lounge and kitchen more or less same size as in uk.

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 11:13:18 AM »
it looks like a lot of different opinions as to what it costs and what you get some say 2 mill enough others disagree for 5 mill i would think above the norm 4 bed house etc.
† †For 2 mill or there about i would like 3 bed house with kitchen tile roof and roof insulated and insulated walls as this is what westerners do in Thailand to keep the heat out not a great big house with large lounge and kitchen more or less same size as in uk.

I am sure that with care you could build a small, simple and reasonably comfortable house for P2M, but it is not normal to insulate walls here, and to fit only minimal roof insulation.

A lot of people like to take advantage of the low building costs, compared to western countries, to build their \'dream\' homes and get them for a fraction of the cost. I am converting my ordinary UK bungalow into a Philippine Mini Mansion† ;) ;D ;D

Colin

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 12:02:02 PM »
Colin, sorry for the two Pm\'s with no content, i really am having a time today with my isp, and for the life of me, (except for all the free software I get, i do some beta testing for Microsoft and am now using IE8, so that may be part of my problem, I sincerely appreciate your input and value it whether you think so or not, I am going to the lawyers office again tomorrow to try to resolve this title issue. I really hate to be the one stuck when it is not my obligation to pay capital gains tax, i was the buyer hey i spent money she received money thus had a captain gain, but now of course she is claiming poverty and it looks like besides taking her to court and what chance do i have as a foreigner in a RP court going up against a Natural born citizen of the RP....i doubt none and the lawyer would be the only one making the money....so i guess I will swallow my pride pay the damn tax myself so I can get this title cleared up.

I tried to clear the double post out, and do have a link to my own account posted on there where you can see the picture of the house and floor plans.

Good luck with your mini-mansion.

Murf

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 01:55:50 PM »
We had the same issue with one of the lots we bought last year..It only amounts to a few thousand PHP but that is not the point!
We asked our so called lawyer what was the \"capital gain\" for? Had I made such a gain whilst purchasing a lot?
He told us that it is the norm here for the buyer to pay unless negotiated differently..
He said that it is really more of a \"community charge\" than a capital gains tax..
Onli in di Pilipins eh!

On the title thing..I have been told that you can build with a deed of sale but without the title you could be liable to pay a fine on completion.

Regards,

Fred.

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2009, 02:47:44 PM »
However, all Philippine soaps will be banned from that TV† Grin

With you all the way there Colin and I have done the same.
I might even tune the TV so that it cant receive any of those damned Filipino channels..

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2009, 03:47:21 PM »
Colin, sorry for the two Pm\'s with no content, i really am having a time today with my isp, and for the life of me, (except for all the free software I get, i do some beta testing for Microsoft and am now using IE8, so that may be part of my problem, I sincerely appreciate your input and value it whether you think so or not, I am going to the lawyers office again tomorrow to try to resolve this title issue. I really hate to be the one stuck when it is not my obligation to pay capital gains tax, i was the buyer hey i spent money she received money thus had a captain gain, but now of course she is claiming poverty and it looks like besides taking her to court and what chance do i have as a foreigner in a RP court going up against a Natural born citizen of the RP....i doubt none and the lawyer would be the only one making the money....so i guess I will swallow my pride pay the damn tax myself so I can get this title cleared up.

I tried to clear the double post out, and do have a link to my own account posted on there where you can see the picture of the house and floor plans.

Good luck with your mini-mansion.

Murf

Murf, no problem with the blank PM\'s, it is up to 3 now ;D I have asked Jack to see if there is a problem with the forum system.

It could be a good idea to drop IE8 and go to a more reliable and free copy of Firefox.

We had a problem over the construction of a jeep many years ago by the brother of Bings sister-in-law. We started using a lawyer to get our money back, but in the end gave it to the sister-in-law to sell and use the money for her kids education. It never got sold and they still have it and we are now paying the school fees. ::)

I had a look at your pictures, nice design but I think you are going to need some shade on that big window. If the Ďwinterí sun gets on it your aircon bill will go through the roof. The lounge in our bungalow in the UK had a very large window that almost covered the outside wall and as soon as the sun hit it the temperature shot up and we had to open windows and draw the curtains.

Colin

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2009, 03:49:46 PM »
However, all Philippine soaps will be banned from that TV† Grin

With you all the way there Colin and I have done the same.
I might even tune the TV so that it cant receive any of those damned Filipino channels..

That sounds like valuable information, report on here how you do it† ;D ;D ;D

Colin