Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: anybody heard of potipot island?  (Read 1697 times)

Offline xiarylle

• Sr Member
anybody heard of potipot island?
« on: March 18, 2009, 11:54:45 AM »
Hi friends!

i was wondering if any of you have been to Potipot island. my friends say it\'s in Luzon and that it\'s relatively near  Manila. I don\'t know any information other than it\'s a white sand island. Any inputs regarding this would be lovely and will be very much appreciated.

thanks!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: anybody heard of potipot island?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 04:14:25 AM »
I haven\'t been there, but I did find it using Google Earth.  It\'s off the west coast of Zambales, about 241 km northwest of Manila.  The photos look great!  Just the kind of small island I\'d want to spend a day at snorkeling and having fun. 

If you have Google Earth, put Potipot Island in the search block and it should pull it up for you right away.  If you don\'t have Google Earth, get the free download and let your fingers do the exploring!   ;D
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline xiarylle

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 04:57:08 AM »
thanks for the info! i was actually hoping to hear from someone who has actually been there. ^_^ but i guess google earth is my best shot. my friends know where it is and how to get there. they say it\'s a nice little island and there are no resorts there - that means, little or no tourists at all! yay!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »
I, too, would love to hear from someone who\'s actually been there.  What I read mentioned that not only are there no resorts there, there is virtually nothing there, except for a CR.  Basically it\'s just a nice little unspoiled island. 
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH