Author Topic: Murfs and Jens non-mansion  (Read 1685 times)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
Murfs and Jens non-mansion
« on: March 18, 2009, 07:48:06 PM »
Well all as promised I would send some pictures of the house plans. Sorry for the quality of the pictures but today my scanner went off line for some unknown reason and so the picture you see are not scanned but taken by my digital which leaves the quality no were as good as a scan picture sent to your own hardrive.

Understand please this is just for me what I have decided is all my design, the engineer only took notes for about 3 days, 4 hours a day when I was telling him what and what I would not accept, I have much respect for him, he has a high degree of houses built plus public building under his belt.

He never complained once about any design feature that I suggested. There is to be no commercial hollow blocks for I have a person who is going to make them all with help of course with the understanding that they will not exceed 40 blocks per bag of Portland cement. There will be twice the amount of re bar going both vertical and horizontal than in his normal building practices that he builds homes here for his Filipino Neighbors.† The kitchen on the first floor there will be built in cabinets and drawers for such things as pots and pans, cooking utensils and silverware drawers. This is usually not the case in most Filipino style houses.

The tiles in the main entrance way will blend even though they are of a square deigning they will be centralized to the exact middle of the living room ending in a circle design of which I have not yet picked out. Itís really a very simple process, you just buy a kit that contains all the square tiles and start in the center of the floor working outwards from there until you reach all fours walls of the living room, even though the tiles are square the design is cut into each tile in a circular fashion to fool the eye into thinking you have created a round picture with square tiles. Nothing new in America about thatÖ

All the counter tops in the kitchen will be solid granite which is imported from Vermont. I donít want to mess around with Formica or laminate style counter tops. There will be a stainless steel frost free built into the under the granite workspace, plus a stainless steel electric oven and range.
The columns you see on the outside are made of concrete, but if my health holds out I have been painting for years, both wildlife and stills and some portraits. I got into reverse painting on glass and was making quite a profit at that at one time.†

There is a well know technique call faux painting practice by the early Romans, where in one who could not afford marble columns could with a good painter, turn the columns, into marble columns that only another designer could tell/ All it takes is a base coat of off white paint, several different sizes of brushes, including some feathers, to draw the imaginary veining of real marble..

One time I told a very special friend on this site, that I hope I could live long enough for him and his asawa to visit in my humble home. He mentioned to me the word, even if I was not there He would there and I could feel his presence and I sincerely believe that for we share a common bond that most men will never understand.
He said to me that me, his wife, my wife would sit out on the veranda and have our morning coffee... Well if you notice on the second floor right off the master bedroom and facing due EAST where the sun comes up into your room in the morning, there is a sliding glass door that leads to a Veranda, I have already purchased a wrought iron breakfast table similar to the outside ones they had in Paris in World War ll. It is dipped in ivory paint with four matching chairs; I hope he enjoys it whether I am here or not.
Downstairs there will be an entertainment center of sorts, dividing by a 180 gallon marine reef tank, a horseshoe type bar with real western style stools and a brass foot rail for your feet. There will be another refrigerator there that is also stainless and has the capacity to make all the ice you will ever need. In there will also be 42 inch plasma HD TV, a pool table, billiards I guess to my other foreign friends
There will 4 outlets (really 8) in each room 4 /220† †4 /110Ö.they will be all grounded well into the ground. The whole house will be insulated with DuPont fiberglass matting both in the ceiling and the eternal walls. There will be a ceiling fan with a light controlled by a remote in every major room except the bathrooms, which will all have vertical lighting 4 bulbs each over the sink and mirror.
There will be no hot water tank, but a hot water on demand system.
The colors of the house you see will be exactly as they are pictured. There is no red asphalt shingles in the Philippines that I know of. But terra cotta tiling is too much prone to wind damage and I have chosen instead galvanized roofing that will dipped at the plant in Davao.
The slabs of concrete you see before the house are for real, but they will be treated with a process called scrolling and etching, where you take half dry concrete and create a design in certain panels. You then fill the design with a color of your choice and then coat the whole thing with a good grade of Polyurethane.
The long vertical window you see in the front of the house was designed by me to let all the natural sunlight I could into the house just in case I can grow orchids inside.
Of course the house will be air conditioned, I just donít know yet whether to go with a carrier design where the system is on the outside and you only have to have a small pipe running into each room , so as to take away from having very unbecoming regular room ACís

What have I give up, lots, I wanted a swimming pool with a current fast stream flow that you could swim against for exercise for my lungs. I wanted a build in cement Kio Garden with a japans style arched bridge.
But I have learned through many years of living that sometimes you get only what you deserve and I deserve this and so does my wife.

Thank you all for reading this great American novel. ?
Some things never change, and I am probably one of them ?

The ďMurfĒ

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Murfs and Jens non-mansion
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »
Murf,
Its good to hear your plans are coming together.
I did not see any of your pics tho...

Very long post..
3/4 of your tale seems \"vaguely\" familiar† ;D
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline fwinder

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 04:00:12 AM »
i read down your long read and was hoping for pics but i did not see any also

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 09:04:38 AM »
I have learned through many years of living that sometimes you get only what you deserve and I deserve this and so does my wife.

I will begin looking for my bazillion dollars now sir !† :P

Nice story... and thx for the inspiration about the faux painting... I wanted a way to bring life to these lackluster walls here !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 11:09:46 AM »
I have learned through many years of living that sometimes you get only what you deserve and I deserve this and so does my wife.

I will begin looking for my bazillion dollars now sir !† :P

Nice story... and thx for the inspiration about the faux painting... I wanted a way to bring life to these lackluster walls here !

Slightly off topic as usual† :D

In the Philippines they are very fond of hanging canvas posters everywhere for the slightest reason. If you go to the shops that print then, they will enlarge a photograph to 4\' x 3\' or larger and print it on canvas for around P350. If you put loops at the top and bottom to hold strips of wood you can then hang them. You can have your own personal tapestries that are cheap and easily changed.

Colin