Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Moving permanently to Philippines  (Read 5958 times)

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
Re: Moving permanently to Philippines
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 11:46:31 AM »
Hello every one I\'m new to this forum and this is my first time on any forum. I\'m not married and I\'m looking at retiring in the Philippines within the next year or two. What type of Visa do i need to move around freely in the Philippines? Also I will still need to fly between the Philippines and Japan once every three months to check on my business there.  Thanks Ken

You will need a round trip ticket to enter the country, either in Cebu or Manila.  Make sure, if you are going to stay, that the return ticket is refundable!

When you enter the country, you are given a 21 day free tourist visa, which can and must be extended if you are going to stay for a while.  The tourist visa can be extended for 2 months at a time. the first and second extension run around 2800 to 3400 pesos, depending on the particular BI you go to.  The third takes a jump to around 4,240 again + or - some pesos, depending on where you apply.  A Tourist visa can be extended up to around 24 months.

If you marry a beautiful filipina.. you can change your status to immigrant and then after a year with that visa you can apply for a permanent Immigrant visa.

There is a section here in the group that will give you all the info you could possibly want and need to understand the different types of visas

Good luck with your plans

..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 12:49:24 AM »
Here\'s the link to our Visas board: 

http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php/board,58.0.html
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Hotbandit

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 07:04:47 PM »
Thanks, I\'m on my way to the Embassy. :D

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 10:54:04 PM »

Whatcha gonna do when you get there?   8)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 04:08:49 PM »

Whatcha gonna do when you get there?   8)

Flip \'em the bird?  ;)