Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Fiancee Visa  (Read 5863 times)

Fiancee Visa
« on: April 24, 2009, 08:29:56 AM »
I am trying to get a fiancee visa for my Filipino bride is that a reality. I went over there one time for about fourteen days. I went through a company called enhance immigration they charged eight hundred dollars plus the application fee of 455$.  There are other fees but I know there are many of you that have done this would like some feedback as far as do i need to go there three times or is this possible the first time because I am retired military I would just move to Cebu and rent for a while to get use to the area and marry her there but she want to come here and work and live for awhile. Plus its hard to sell my house right  now. I would rather just move there but we started out with her coming over here but I have done research and it makes financial sense to live there plus I like the climate and the people we will move there someday. My basic question is a fiancee visa a reality for the first time one visit or is it highly unlikely. I had no intentions of getting married or nothing just wanted a nice vacation but met the most amazing women.. And here I be. This is my first post I am a newbie any experience or advice would be appreciated. Tom

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Fiancee Visa
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:06:50 AM »
Hello Tom,

$800.00 + $455.00 = $1,255.00 + \"the other fees\"...

In a few hours and a few dollars in postage, you could have completed this yourself and know that it\'s been properly filled out and mailed off. The rest of the money saved would paid for her airfare.

One visit is all you need.

Yes, a Fiancee Visa is a reality and I wish you luck with Enhance Immigration. Very few companies located in the Philippines know how to actually complete these applications without making mistakes and having them returned to them to make corrections. Very few companies from there will do the follow-up needed. Most of the companies prefer to just keep bleeding their clients that are Foreigners.

As I said, Good Luck!

Billy

I am trying to get a fiancee visa for my Filipino bride is that a reality. I went over there one time for about fourteen days. I went through a company called enhance immigration they charged eight hundred dollars plus the application fee of 455$.  There are other fees but I know there are many of you that have done this would like some feedback as far as do i need to go there three times or is this possible the first time because I am retired military I would just move to Cebu and rent for a while to get use to the area and marry her there but she want to come here and work and live for awhile. Plus its hard to sell my house right  now. I would rather just move there but we started out with her coming over here but I have done research and it makes financial sense to live there plus I like the climate and the people we will move there someday. My basic question is a fiancee visa a reality for the first time one visit or is it highly unlikely. I had no intentions of getting married or nothing just wanted a nice vacation but met the most amazing women.. And here I be. This is my first post I am a newbie any experience or advice would be appreciated. Tom
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 11:19:26 PM »
Tom,

It\'s unfortunate that you started out by paying fees to a company for work you could do yourself.  I wish you luck and hope that there\'s some way you can find to get out from under Enhance Immigration\'s control. 

It took a few days for me to make sure all my paperwork was completed correctly, but I did it and got my fiance\' here in the US with me.  We\'ve been married now for almost 9 years.

How long ago did you start your paperwork with the company?  It sounds like they\'re dragging their feet to get more money out of you.  Unfortunate, to say the least.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 02:56:02 AM »
I sent off my paperwork on Febuarary 1 I think the company has been helpful they don\'t want anymore money from me. I recieved my 797c form five days after sending off my paperwork. They told me it would take 30 to45 days to get that back. Now that is my other question how long before we hear petition approved and then she goes for a pre interview with the company to help here through the interview and give her all the original paperwork. Then she has to go to st. Lukes hospital for a  physical and then an interview with the US embassy. What kind of time frame before she is able to come here. If I got my 797c form on Feb. 10th? I know nobody is going to have an exact date but I\'m thinking August she should be flying here. Is that realistic?

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 03:16:07 AM »
That would be the earliest date, IMHO.  It could take until the end of the year, depending on the workload at USCIS and if she sails through with no hang ups.  It can happen, but I would just be patient.  Some have taken closer to a year. But who knows many people were in line waiting ahead of her, figuratively speaking.

There are many good things about getting her here and letting her go to work.  The first that comes to mind is the amount of help (read money) she intends to give her family back home.   ;D
Keep us all up to date, if you want and I\'m sure you\'ll receive a prompt response from many of us.

My Gloria is the light of my life and the best woman I\'ve ever known.  I\'m thankful she works and makes good money.  That takes a load off my already rat-race-bitten mind and allows me to concentrate on making my own share of money for our retirement in a few more years.   
I hope you find much happiness in your choice!   :)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 03:26:39 AM »
Although I just wrote an article about the 13-A and ACR-I card process and stated there is more than \"one way to skin a cat\" I was an exception to the case and not the norm

I totally agree with Jack and Billy on this one \"these professional visa handlers\" are know for their ability to tell you you need one more piece of paperwork, and charge you another fee when it was actually their fault for they don\'t have the knowledge nor the \"Personal time and care\" , you would have if filing your own paperwork.

Getting your loved one to the US is a very stressful and emotional time for the both of you and I wish you all the luck in the world.

There are some things in the RP than just shouldn\'t be messed with, Visa being Fiance Visas being one of those things.

I took another route, which is I got married here in the Philippines went back to the US , filed all the proper paperwork and yes there where fees, but not as much as that. I was told by several to expect a year or more wait for her Visa, but I came back had a Navy contact at the US Embassy who was a consulate ,told him of my health issues and my need to take care of my dying mother in the US, and within 3 days, he arranged a hotel room for me and my wife, and a discounted rate , she had her interview before the physical, at an outreach clinic of  Saint Luke\'s about 4 blocks from our hotel.

Of course when she went for her interview she sorted got the \"cold shoulder\" from one of the Filipino ladies interviewing her, for she told my wife you can\'t have an exist interview without a physical, my wife showed her the gold raised embossed business card of our contact at the embassy , wasn\'t what I call polite, but just did her job.

The consulate from the Embassy  showed up three days later at our hotel room with Jennifer\'s Visa and paperwork in hand. Thus the year or longer wait turned into exactly 8 months from the time I petitioned here from the USA, and the one big advantage I see is that within 2 weeks she had a Social Security Card and a 2 year provisional with conditions in 3 weeks.

I wish you all the best and hope you are united with your loved one as soon as possible.

The \"Murf\" 

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 07:08:18 AM »
I sent off my paperwork on Febuarary 1 I think the company has been helpful they don\'t want anymore money from me. I recieved my 797c form five days after sending off my paperwork. They told me it would take 30 to45 days to get that back. Now that is my other question how long before we hear petition approved and then she goes for a pre interview with the company to help here through the interview and give her all the original paperwork.

Which state do you live in? California Service Center = 6 months. Your 797_C (Notice of Action) has a 13-Digit Receipt on it and you can check the status of your case on-line by entering the 13-Digit Receipt Number here: STATUS

Then she has to go to st. Lukes hospital for a  physical and then an interview with the US embassy.

Does your $800.00 Fee cover her expenses (airline, hotel, meals, companion) while she\'s in Manila for her St Lukes physical and her interview?

What kind of time frame before she is able to come here. If I got my 797c form on Feb. 10th? I know nobody is going to have an exact date but I\'m thinking August she should be flying here. Is that realistic?

When your I-129F Fiancee Visa application has been approved by your USCIS Service Center, it will be forwarded to the State Dept NVC in Vermont for final approval before being sent to the Manila Consulate. When it gets there, you can check on the status by dialing 1-603-334-0700. I advise you to write down the Number prompts so when you call again you can skip forward through the telephone menu until you get to where you can enter your Receipt Number.

When you are in the NVC system, let us know and I will try to find out their approval timelines.

Billy

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 09:18:27 AM »
I wrote this whole long letter on here earlier because I am up to date with the USCIS and have instant email if something should happen. Today I just happen to log on and there was a change. From my intial notice of action today they updated it, I called them they said they had no further info. Well I logged on to my email a few secs ago and they approved action of petition. Now thats from Febuary to April I am impressed this is going very fast right now. I am very happy so everything is going good I believe it is billy that might be able to keep me posted while up in Vermont. I had no idea it went to Vermont I thought after this it was straight to Manila but they are moving very Quickly that is two months I got my 797c form in five days. There something wrong with the government they are being to proficient from my experience but I like it and my fiancee will love to hear that tonigh. I have learned so much on this site it is cool. If only I could figure out how to add a pic and my date of birth and stuff tried three times today wouldn\'t happen. But I have to say damn they are moving on this I was in the Navy and you all know its hurry up for them and wait on US. Kinda excited let me know what to do with Vermont don\'t want to bother them. Tom

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 09:54:12 AM »
Kinda excited let me know what to do with Vermont don\'t want to bother them. Tom

Tom,

You will receive a bill from NVC for $70.00 processing fee that you can pay on-line. You will fill out Form I-864 Affidavit of Support and send it to them. The other procedure running in parallel with this is to send them a $400.00 fee and the other paperwork they request. Will you be doing this or will your Agent do this part?

Now you are waiting for NOA (Notice of Action) #2 from the NVC. NVC is running about 3 months now and another 2 months to get her interview scheduled in Manila. Your NVC timeline may depend on if you or your Agency is dealing with them.

Billy

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 10:03:16 AM »
It is interesting to see the difference in the system between the US now and the way it was with the UK 20 years ago. I sent Bing two fat envelopes of papers for her to take to the British embassy. They included copies of 6 months of my Bank statement and payslips, details of my house motgage and photographs of us together. She left work one lunchbreak and delivered the papers to the British Embassy, went back the next lunch break and was given her visa: so simple, easy and quick. It could have been because she is only 12 years younger than me and had a very good job.

Colin

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 12:26:24 PM »
Colin,

When I did the Spousal Visa 10 years ago, they would kick back Forms that were not filled out with blue ink! Black ink looked like a copy to them I guess. Now these Forms are filled out as \"E-Forms\" on a computer. This makes the progress a lot quicker. But Eda\'s Spousal Visa took only 7-1/2 months back then as there were fewer Forms, Requirements and (especially) less Fees.

Billy

It is interesting to see the difference in the system between the US now and the way it was with the UK 20 years ago. I sent Bing two fat envelopes of papers for her to take to the British embassy. They included copies of 6 months of my Bank statement and payslips, details of my house motgage and photographs of us together. She left work one lunchbreak and delivered the papers to the British Embassy, went back the next lunch break and was given her visa: so simple, easy and quick. It could have been because she is only 12 years younger than me and had a very good job.

Colin

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 12:45:49 AM »
When I did Gloria\'s K1 Fiance\' Visa in Feb 2000 it took exactly 90 days from time of arrival in the Texas Service center until approval.  Things have certainly changed since then.

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »
I checked with the company I went with in the Philippines and the 70$ processing fee and the 400$ fee is for people who are already married and trying to come over to the U.S. So I have no other fees than a 213$ physical exam and new to me a 131$ interview fee which i am happy to pay.

I looked at other company here in the U.S and they wanted 1600$ compared to my 800$ fee so I am happy with the money I spent long as it gets things right. I have a friend that did this  a couple months before me his wife is here in the U.S and I don\'t know what he spent but they are getting married May 12,2009. It\'s not all about the cost for me but I want to pay a fair fee for services rendered and i feel there are alot of things I would have missed if I would have done this myself.

They tell me there is a month time frame between where we are at now and her getting here so as quick as everything went I don\'t feel like its a matter of if she gets here but when. The first notice took five days they told me 30 to 45 days the second notice took two to three months the USCIS said 6 months so. Right now they tell me a month till interview and then visa time so well see. I am very happy with the service I have received from enhanceimmigration.com don\'t mean to be a spokes person for them but they are located in cebu and  what I think go above and beyond for there clients.  There are alot of lawyers in the US but how many speak Tagalog? Thank you . Tom

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 02:02:40 PM »
Tom,

Did you get the NOA #2 from the NVC? I didn\'t mean to single out your Agent, I believe that 90%+ of the Agents here and there will not do a good job. Some of them have made things really slow and at times just stop the process. I hope the new fees you learned about cover her airfare & hotel expenses.

Billy

I checked with the company I went with in the Philippines and the 70$ processing fee and the 400$ fee is for people who are already married and trying to come over to the U.S. So I have no other fees than a 213$ physical exam and new to me a 131$ interview fee which i am happy to pay.

I looked at other company here in the U.S and they wanted 1600$ compared to my 800$ fee so I am happy with the money I spent long as it gets things right. I have a friend that did this  a couple months before me his wife is here in the U.S and I don\'t know what he spent but they are getting married May 12,2009. It\'s not all about the cost for me but I want to pay a fair fee for services rendered and i feel there are alot of things I would have missed if I would have done this myself.

They tell me there is a month time frame between where we are at now and her getting here so as quick as everything went I don\'t feel like its a matter of if she gets here but when. The first notice took five days they told me 30 to 45 days the second notice took two to three months the USCIS said 6 months so. Right now they tell me a month till interview and then visa time so well see. I am very happy with the service I have received from enhanceimmigration.com don\'t mean to be a spokes person for them but they are located in cebu and  what I think go above and beyond for there clients.  There are alot of lawyers in the US but how many speak Tagalog? Thank you . Tom

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 07:05:45 AM »
I got my second notice first by email on the 24th of April. Then I received the actual 797 form a couple days later. It was forwarded to the National Visa Center like someone said and I called today after receiving a notice from them that they were forwarding it to Manila.

The NVC forwarded it to Manila on April 28th. They gave me a case number and said Jerrylou my fiancee should receive paperwork with instructions in a couple weeks with what paperwork she needs to bring.

Thats why I went with the company in the Philippines because I had to fill out a I-134 form basically how much do you make and can you afford to support her questionnaire. I sent the forms on April 28th and should get there hopefully before her interview. It was eighteen dollars for 6-10 days supposedly or 75 dollars for Ups or FedEx with tracking and assurance of getting there but everthing I have send to her has got there just takes three weeks or so.

As far as expenses I can\'t organize and plan everthing even though I would like to for her flight to Cebu for a one day seminar or preinterview indoctrination. So I am sending extra money for her to fly Pal express or Cebu Pacific. I think its the same thing.Because I cant schedule and plan her whole trip accurately. So I have sent her extra cash to pay for all her flights to Cebu and Manila and back to Dipolog. It is good cause most of the flight are twenty five dollars and some are forty five but her trip is not predictable enough to schedule.

The good thing is she has relatives in both Cebu and Manila and I won\'t have to buy a hotel room for her the whole trip. Save me a little.This is for her  preinterview with the company I went thru in Cebu, then her physical exam and interview. The only fee I wasn\'t aware of was the 131 dollar fee for the interview but no big deal. It did make me a little angry that the company that I sent one year tax statements to and was assured this was all I needed to do told me I needed to fill out a I-134 and two years tax statements and six months bank statements which is no big deal but it takes a month for them to get there and a month to get and interview. So hopefully my papers get there before the interview. If they would have told me this in advance I could have send them. However they probably want current or most recent bank statements. I can see that.

Just trying to prepare and do everything I can to get things done. She should get a package from Manila embassy soon. I don\'t know how they schedule appointments? If you respond and ask for such and such a day or they give you a day and you have to be there probably that. I am just glad things are going three times faster than expected. But its not over till the interview and approval where I read somewhere is that day. I don\'t know where it goes from there I heard like in seven days she\'ll get some type of card in the mail. I don\'t know. We\'ll see I guess. Thomas