Author Topic: The PacMan versus The HitMan  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Miss August

• Sr Member
The PacMan versus The HitMan
« on: May 02, 2009, 10:08:06 AM »
I\'m not really a big boxing fan. But tomorrow is a big day for our boxing fans here and in the Philippines.

PacMan as he is widely known, is considered as the pound for pound champion of the world. Manny’s fighting record stands at 48 Wins, 3 Losses and 2 Draws. Those 48 wins include 36 knockouts. He is a source of great pride and is considered a hero in the Philippines.

Good luck Manny... I hope you win!
? Live Well. Laugh Often. Love Much. ?

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: The PacMan versus The HitMan
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 02:34:57 AM »
My money is on The PacMan!  Go Manny!   ;D ;D
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline xiarylle

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »
wohoo!! i\'m proud to be from gensan! ^_^

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 07:03:30 PM »
    i know this is outdated but the pacman was fantastic/fandabydozy!! i love english comedy tv shows and humour, the ordinary \'limey/pom\' as my cousins in perth call em lol are truely the salt of the earth..my wife and I are constantly in side splitting laughter at the tv shows. But in sport I\'m afraid the tv comentators are so subjective and one sided they are almost embarrasing at best, offensive at worst..they do a diservice to their hard working sincere sporting hero\'s. We were listening to the fight build-up on BBC radio 5 and i turned the sound down two hours before the fight because my wife was beginning to think pacman had no hope the way the english comentators were building up Hatton. [who incidentally is a wonderful wee guy who has done wonders for working class manchester areas]
    We put the fight on at 4am here and I\'m glad i didn\'t go for a piss or i\'d have missed it. Just a pitty radio 5 comentators hadn\'t been in the ring lol. PACMAN obviously mustn\'t listen to or read the UK pmedia ha ha.
                      leprechaun63
  on radio 5 a few days later in a quiz a contestant was told to sum up hatton in one word and he replied....OUCH!!  :o

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 07:04:01 AM »
I had considered pay-per-view just to see it live, but at $44.95 it would have been a very expensive 5 minutes 59 seconds !   :o

I found a live \"blow by blow\" blog that kept me up to date.  Even there most of the people following the blog were Hatton fans.   I like Ricky, and as you said, he\'s done a lot for the local fans.  But he should now go on to run his promotion business and perhaps find some young fighters to tutor.

I\'m now looking forward to the next Pacquiao match up!   :) :)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 07:11:59 AM »
Grey Wolf,
         absolutely hope he shuts mayweathers Da\' the #$%@ up..that guy seems more like huggy bear outa starsky and hutch than a respectable trainer..I\'l pray the pacman duffs his mini me up \'real bad!\' In fact I\'d light candles only like thousands here I\'m switching to church of Ireland so I\'ll have to check the candle situation there lol...
          Watched the soccer tonight..I know you American guys aint into that..but to  any other British Islanders there on this site...I called it badly wrong..Man Utd got an education.
          [nt relevant here...but my mrs like a kid on the middle diving board...shy...but she\'l take the plunge soon methinks...curiosity killed the cat!]
                        God Bless ya,