Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: I-Card  (Read 5626 times)

Offline Brad3864

• Sr Member
I-Card
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:50:13 PM »
My I-Card has been in Manila for 6 months, processing for my new one. Is this a normal wait?
Brad
Brad Hughes
Nam Vet happily living in
Cagayan de oro, Philippines

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
Re: I-Card
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 09:30:25 PM »
My I-Card has been in Manila for 6 months, processing for my new one. Is this a normal wait?
Brad

I know things take longer to get done here, but that sounds excessive and more like they lost your card, or someone is praying you will offer them a bribe, or that maybe you will just disappear so they don\'t get in trouble for loosing your file and card!
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 07:07:11 AM »
Brad

Do you mean that you are changing from a temporary to a permanent I-card? This can take only a few days, or perhaps a little longer if there is a big backlog, 6 months is far too long. All the information they need is on their computer from you temporary I-card and you just need to have the interview with their attorney to complete it.

Colin

Offline Brad3864

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 10:43:16 AM »
My temporary I-Card expired in Oct. 2008. I gave it to the Immigration office here for processing of my permanent. I am told call back next month or next week. Should I contact Manila? I paid 35,000p for the temporary then another 35,000p for processing of the permanent. I\'m sure I paid to much.
Brad
Brad Hughes

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »
My temporary I-Card expired in Oct. 2008. I gave it to the Immigration office here for processing of my permanent. I am told call back next month or next week. Should I contact Manila? I paid 35,000p for the temporary then another 35,000p for processing of the permanent. I\'m sure I paid to much.
Brad

I can\'t remember the details, but I obtained my permaneny I-card during a visit to Manila and it did not cost anything like the amount you are paying. We took a weeks break and the total cost of air fares for two and hotel, food etc did not cost as much as you have paid.

Colin

Offline Brad3864

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 08:20:07 PM »
I know now I paid way to much. I would just like to have my card.
Brad
Brad Hughes

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 08:37:03 PM »
Brad

If you let your temporary I-card expire, there in may be the problem.  The Permanent I-card should have been applied for in the 9th month of your temp to be safe.  If this is the case, I\'m at a loss for info... I don\'t know of anyone who let the temp expire prior to getting their permanent card.  You may have to start all over. 

If it was submitted to the BI well before the expiration date, then they have totally blown it.  With the amount of money you are spending, it sounds like you are using a mule...??? if so maybe the mule ran the other way....???  My temp I-Card cost me 2,500p to submit the papers in Cebu and 2,000p to the prosecutors drawer to get out of going to the follow up meeting 10 days later.

Offline Brad3864

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 08:53:15 PM »
I made sure I did not let it expire, I went to renew it a few weeks in advance. How much should I have paid for it?
Brad
Brad Hughes

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 09:19:04 PM »
I made sure I did not let it expire, I went to renew it a few weeks in advance. How much should I have paid for it?
Brad

The prosecutor told me to submitt my papers for the permanent I-card during the 9th month... So I guess even she was figuring on
a buffer or 3+ months.... I have several acquaintances who paid lawyers 40 and 50k so your not alone.  Even CDO wanted 35K to process from there, but I was going to Cebu for a visit anyway, so I did the submission my self at the BI in Mandaue.  Even there, they sent the papers to Manila.  I\'m not independently wealthy so I do as much research as I can to save whatever I can.  This is true with any prodget I get into...

Offline Brad3864

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 09:47:42 PM »
I paid CDO 35k for my temporary then they wanted an additional 35k (which they did not tell me about) when they processed for my permanent. My wife warrant me that something was fishy because they never gave me any receipts.
Brad
Brad Hughes

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 11:36:38 AM »
I paid CDO 35k for my temporary then they wanted an additional 35k (which they did not tell me about) when they processed for my permanent. My wife warrant me that something was fishy because they never gave me any receipts.
Brad
Oh my God, Brad, I\'m sorry sorry but I think you just got scammed. The total trips combined to Mandaue and fees didn\'t add up to that.

God Bless....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 12:59:56 PM »
Brad

Yes CDO wanted 35k to process... all they do is mail your papers to Manila and mark off the box on an extra form that you attended the orientation meeting. (I gave the prosecutor in Cebu P2,000, which went into her drawer with no receipt.) I paid P2,500 to submitt my forms.  They (Cebu) mailed them to Manila!

Offline Brad3864

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 02:30:12 PM »
I know I got screwed. My wife went to Immigration this morning. They showed her on the computer where my renewal had been processed and the card in process. I will wail awhile longer.
Brad
Brad Hughes

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 02:55:39 PM »
I know I got screwed. My wife went to Immigration this morning. They showed her on the computer where my renewal had been processed and the card in process. I will wail awhile longer.
Brad

I hope it works out for you, but what are you doing in the meantime for a visa?
I never did like the CDO office personnel (most anyway)... I prepaired my temp papers and drove from Gingoog City to their office (2.25hr one way!) and the one person that looks at the paperwork was in Manila. I did not know he was in Manila and they had me sit and wait for him for an hour!!!!!!!! before the manager told me to come back next week when the guy would be back... so my paperwork could be processed... I left the paperwork with the office manager... they would not let me pay the 2500 processing fee... (I knew in Cebu it was only 2500).  I returned again... the one and only guy capable of shuffling my papers and then re-stapling them said the papers are in order and gave them back to me!!!  He said it would cost me 35k to process there.  I told him I would go to Cebu where it is only P2500... I took my papers (steaming mad) back to Gingoog... the friggin manager could have given me the papers on my previous visit!!!

Offline Brad3864

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 03:13:27 PM »
I went to Immigration in January for my annual report. They had me sign some book, pay 2 or 300p and told me to check back for my I-Card.
Brad
Brad Hughes