Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: I-Card  (Read 5624 times)

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
Re: I-Card
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
Probably time for a flight and an overnight stay in Manila. Sometimes the only way to get things done is go straight to the top.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 07:01:30 PM »
I went to Immigration in January for my annual report. They had me sign some book, pay 2 or 300p and told me to check back for my I-Card.
Brad

You should be all set then because the normal renewal for the permanent I-Card is 310P... Your just waiting for Gaudo!!! LOL
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

Offline Brad3864

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 07:06:59 PM »
Except I\'m out about 70,000p which I can forget. I must admit I am somewhat intimidated by these Immigration people.
Brad
Brad Hughes
Nam Vet happily living in
Cagayan de oro, Philippines

Offline bowlofsopas

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 02:58:48 AM »

I made sure I did not let it expire, I went to renew it a few weeks in advance. How much should I have paid for it?
Brad

... something was fishy because they never gave me any receipt...

... I do as much research as I can to save whatever I can.  This is true with any prodget I get into...

Here is some research that will show you why there were no receipts: This is the \"ACR I-CARD SCHEDULE OF FEES\" on the B.O.I. website [ http://immigration.gov.ph//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=43 ]. The most expensive totals I see are P 2,880 and USD 50.

Good luck in waiting on - or pressuring - the CDO BOI (I see that no one on this board can think of a good reason, with the facts you have given, why there should be such a long delay). Put it down to an expensive, and not so good, Philippines experience... an expensive learning experience?

Offline Brad3864

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 07:30:39 AM »
That is good info, but I must take the blame for being allowed to be taken advantage of. Now, if I stir the pot, it can only cause possible future problems with Immigration. My wife suggest I just keep my mouth shut and get my I-Card back.
Brad
Brad Hughes
Nam Vet happily living in
Cagayan de oro, Philippines

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 08:29:31 AM »
That is good info, but I must take the blame for being allowed to be taken advantage of. Now, if I stir the pot, it can only cause possible future problems with Immigration. My wife suggest I just keep my mouth shut and get my I-Card back.
Brad

It is a pity that the Philippines has to suffer with these individual officials that are out to either make money or a name for themselves. The man in charge of our local BI is very friendly and helpful, and has all the fees pinned on the wall for everyone to see. His two assistance try to be a bit domineering, but at least they are fair and you can just laugh at them behind their backs. When I went for my annual reporting, one of the girls said \'make sure you don\'t lose your receipt\', so I said \'I will do my best not too,\' she then said \'I mean it\' in a stern voice, so I just said OK ;D

Colin

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 08:44:46 AM »
As I said before, Time for a trip to Manila. Lets face it, when you can\'t get something done locally, Intramuros can get it done. So advise the locals you are headed there to sort things out, including the fees, your card should appear in days if not immediately.

If your wife went to immigration and found out the persons name you gave the payment to it would help even more.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 04:07:14 PM »
Except I\'m out about 70,000p which I can forget. I must admit I am somewhat intimidated by these Immigration people.
Brad

I was too, dreading the repercussions of accidently overstaying my 21 day tourist.....I delayed and delayed but finally got up the guts to go.....I\'d overstayed by close to a month,,,,,,

They didn\'t even look twice at me......minimalist fine for 1 month overstay, + 2 month extension

So going for an exit clearance I was much less intimidated and that went fine too