Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Resident Quota Visa  (Read 1537 times)

Offline makati_2008

Resident Quota Visa
« on: May 04, 2009, 06:40:34 PM »
I need some information. I have been living in the Philippines for 3 years. I continue to just renew my tourist visa every two months. When I need to leave I get the exit visa and come back and start the process as a tourist again.

My travel agent where I get my visa renewed inform me that she could get me a Resident Quota Visa issued for 250,000.00 pesos and I could stay here without any problems forever. I believe she mention a yearly fee of a few hundred pesos. She says that cost includes all fees. And she would assist me to B.I. and the doctor. She mention a contact in the B.I. and said it could all be done within two weeks?

So my question is, does this sound right. I am an American (USA) and have investments here (condos) and any information on this matter is appreciated. I know I can apply for the Investment Visa but feel the cost yearly for all the fees is the same as a tourist visa. I also have no intention of placing any large amount of cash with anyone here in the Philippines. Especially the goverment.

I have no wife and have no plans to marry.

Thank you for any input.