Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Clear as mud lol  (Read 2546 times)


  • Guest
Clear as mud lol
« on: May 06, 2009, 10:28:48 PM »
Nothing personal but after reading a lot of the posts I\'m no closer to understanding what I will need to live in the phili than before. I got the tourist deal but can anyone please give me the short notes on \'married to a phili citizen\'? I am legally married to a phili citizen living in phili. Medical requirements, deposit requirements, etc..

Offline RUFUS

  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2,229
Re: Clear as mud lol
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:07:24 AM »
Your questions are clear as mud also...
Deposit requirements depend on what visa preference you decide on.
Medical requirements...Only you will know your requirements. If you are talking about requirements to enter or stay, again I think that would depend on your visa.
etc...Sup to you!

There are many posts in the forum that discuss your very questions and in most cases there will be a link to follow if there is some office requiring something from you. Don\'t be afraid to do a search.
Your question is very vague and so you will only get vague answers.
Please be a little more specific and the wonderful people here will flood you with info, or at least help you find a weblink to get your answers.

Offline coutts00

  • Sr Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1,470
Re: Clear as mud lol
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 06:40:12 AM »
Research a 13a visa. I think it might be what you are looking for. Its like residency without the working bit, if you want to work then you have to apply for that as well.

Look up the ACR-I card and what is involved.

Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

  • Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 789
Re: Clear as mud lol
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 11:42:18 AM »

Their is a tremendous amount of information on the site concerning immigration.  Your post is ambiguous concerning your circumstances, so I am assuming you are married to a Philippine citizen, you are both residing in the Philippines, and you wish to remain there for an extended period of time.  If so, you will likely be seeking a 13A visa.  The following is information I have gleaned from numerous prior posts.

I hope this information is helpful. 


(Obtaining permanent residency with Philippine wife as your sponsor)

Get your 13A in the US at a Philippine Consulate if you are living in the US with your Filipina wife.  It will be a permanent resident 13A visa.  Conversely, a 13Aapplied for and  issued in the Philippines is probationary, i.e., a temporary resident 13A visa good for one year. After one year you must apply to have the probationary status lifted, requiring trips to the BI, fees, etc., etc.

Application forms can be obtained on the BI web site or at RP Embassy/Consulates.

Collect originals (and make multiple copies) of everything that relates to you and your wife, including:
- 2x2 photos (check application instructions for background color, facial orientation, etc.)
- birth certificates
- marriage license
- divorce decrees
- passports
- Chest x-ray and blood, urine and stool results
- notarized
   Letter of Application,
   General Application form,
   Affidavit of Legal Capacity
   Affidavit of Financial Capacity
- NBI clearance
- 6 months copies of bank statements
- if you have a RP bank account, get manager’s letter stating that you have an account with them
- ACR-I application

Information/Suggestions concerning your application if done in RP:
- Confirm that NSO (National Statistics Office) has correct records of your wife\'s birth certificate and your marriage.
- Go to the NBI and apply for your clearance.
- Go to a clinic and get chest x-ray and blood, urine and stool analysis. Take them to the Bureau of Quarantine. They will stamp your passport, which you will need copies of for your application.
- Go to the Bureau of Immigration. People outside will approach and escort you to a notary where they will complete the required letter and affidavits. This is their “job” and they do it all day. Take the originals and copies of these items and all the above items into the BID. Copies are ok for most items, but have originals if asked for. For the financial requirements, use the 6 months copies of bank statements and, if you have a Philippine bank account, the manager’s letter.
- If your documents are all in order, BID will send you a letter after a few weeks advising you to attend an interview with a BID attorney. This is mainly just to ensure you have a genuine marriage.
- Eventually BID will notify you that your application is approved or denied.  If approved, you then return to the BI and get your passport stamped. At this time, apply for your ACR-I.
Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH