Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Immigration Arrival Form & Interview  (Read 1856 times)

Offline drpack

Immigration Arrival Form & Interview
« on: July 05, 2009, 01:10:51 PM »
I can\'t remember for sure but doesn\'t the Immigration arrival form you fill out on the airplane before arrival ask you what you\'re coming to the Philippines for and how long you will be staying?  If I\'m moving to the Philippines or plan on getting married should I enter that on the form?  In other words should I put down that my stay will be indefinite?  What if the immigration officer ask me these questions.  I don\'t see any reason not to tell the truth, unless I am suppose to assume I\'m only entering the country as a temporary visitor, since there is no guarantee that I will be able to remain.
DON

Offline dutch expat

• Sr Member
Re: Immigration Arrival Form & Interview
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 05:12:43 PM »
Yes you have to fill in your purpose of travel and how long you will staying. But you can change your mind and stay longer (extend your tourist visa even to 2 years) and also your purpose can change in that time.  Its only for the statistics. I  wouldn\'t make a problem out of it.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Immigration Arrival Form & Interview
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 11:02:48 PM »
I always tell them my visit is for pleasure.  Aren\'t they always?   ;D

What kind of visa are you arriving on?  If you arrive on a 21 day visa, then all you have to tell them is that your visit is for 21 days.  They won\'t interrogate you, unless you give them a reason.   ;)

Have a great time!   :)

I can\'t remember for sure but doesn\'t the Immigration arrival form you fill out on the airplane before arrival ask you what you\'re coming to the Philippines for and how long you will be staying?  If I\'m moving to the Philippines or plan on getting married should I enter that on the form?  In other words should I put down that my stay will be indefinite?  What if the immigration officer ask me these questions.  I don\'t see any reason not to tell the truth, unless I am suppose to assume I\'m only entering the country as a temporary visitor, since there is no guarantee that I will be able to remain.

Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH