Author Topic: New pictures of Murfs folley  (Read 1680 times)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
New pictures of Murfs folley
« on: July 10, 2009, 04:24:38 PM »
Tremendous amount of work in the 4 days or 5 ,I was away.Back up to a crew of 37, Hint! unless you want your local electric company to know your putting up a metal roof and are using a welding machine, run the separate 100 amp box on the inside of the house so when they come to read your meter they don\'t see anything different....reason....Reason...if the electric company finds you are welding a metal roof and you don\'t have† transformer they will make you purchase one from them but when your done welding you can\'t return it, just out 80,000 pesos for a damn big transformer.

Make† sure you run any circuit breakers outside of your own internal house and they start at the pole and not go through your house circuits for I only have 60 amp fuses, the welding machine takes 100 amps, so we ran it on a separate circuity breaker but before it reached the main house.

compare this round column to the square ones in front, just simply amazing to me, just damn good work!

This is the front door entrance columns still square.

Front Porch area.

west side guest bedroom upstairs

the under side of the stair case

square before but now perfectly round column in the middle of the downstairs that supports the master bedroom upstairs.

Back side door leading to dirty Kitchen outside.

Murf

Re: New pictures of Murfs folley
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 07:28:13 PM »
great to see the pics Murf.
† † † † † † †  Keep em coming. :) send me your address there and i\'ll send you and your clan a few postcards from the emerald isle. near time your mailbox was functional. :D

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 11:59:10 AM »
Glad to see you\'re up and about again Murf.† We did the same thing with our welder at the house..kept it on a seperate circuit breaker...it keeps the peace when everyone is watching Manny fights and I want to use the welder ;D. I learned that from experience. 8)
Greg & Almira† ;-)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 02:16:40 AM »
Glad to see you\'re up and about again Murf.† We did the same thing with our welder at the house..kept it on a seperate circuit breaker...it keeps the peace when everyone is watching Manny fights and I want to use the welder ;D. I learned that from experience. 8)

Greg & Almira

Thanks for your well wishes, don\'t know about up but I am about† a little bit. Yeah I can see that as soon as I finish the house, money started to dry up now :(†  I will need to redo all the wiring in Nanays house don\'t know how it has survived this long without having one large Barbecue!

Just noticed your catch phrase \"living and breathing in the PI\" now that is† the real meaning of an oxymoron in my case....† :)

murf

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 07:33:13 AM »
†I will need to redo all the wiring in Nanays house don\'t know how it has survived this long without having one large Barbecue!

murf

My wife lost all her early photographs when her parents house was burned down due to an electrical fault. Last year the whole of a large squatters area was destroyed by fire just a few miles away from where we live, again due to bad wiring. A lot of the electrical wiring in the Philippines is dangerous.

Colin

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 08:10:30 AM »
Colin, I know I have replaced a lot but there is so much more to be done and I just don\'t have the cash flow to keep my house project on track, take care of the 30 or so here and redo her house, to be honest I had original plans 6 years ago of bulldozing Nanays house and having her live with us seeing how her lot I purchased so the owner could not put her off, I had plans, well so did my wife of having all our brothers and sisters have jobs by then and stop living here , in fact we even bought 3 government pieces of property with houses all ready on them, but they stayed for 1 week and with no food had to move back in here, oh well. there all working but one now so I know how hard they can work if there was a job, me and my wife are at logger heads over her plan to give each of them 50,000 pesos to see if they can start their own business and life, I say no for if they fail, guess where they return to , you guessed it.

Oh the best made plans of \"mice and men\"...I am just vented off some steam really for I truly love them all for they treat me wonderfully and have saved my life more than once.

I am down to not letting them run the TV and stereo and fan all on same 1950 wall plug wrapped with scotch tape instead of black electrical tape, won\'t let my wife use her computer when I am using mine, so I am trying to be careful. After this electrician made a walk through of this house two days ago and pointed out all the things that were not just out of code but downright dangerous I am a little Leary. must be a \"cultural\" thing though, I had a family meeting telling them all to be careful for the wiring was shot, and it seemed to be their attitude, oh well Gene, we made it this long without a fire, God will take care of it. and no Colin I am not purposely talking about God to personally irritate you for even me, I don\'t understand many things about God myself, for example I really don\'t think he is going to protect this house, if a young couple I know here just had their 1month old baby (their first born) die n due to a tricycle driver swerving to miss a lying dog in the road and run over this child as it lay on a blanket outside with its mother right next to it,

I know there are things I am just suppose to accept on faith and try to, but if God needed that baby with him, I really don\'t think he is going to miraculously protect this house from burning to the ground.

That\'s what make life so interesting for me...the many things I don\'t know!

Murf

†I will need to redo all the wiring in Nanays house don\'t know how it has survived this long without having one large Barbecue!

murf

My wife lost all her early photographs when her parents house was burned down due to an electrical fault. Last year the whole of a large squatters area was destroyed by fire just a few miles away from where we live, again due to bad wiring. A lot of the electrical wiring in the Philippines is dangerous.

Colin