Author Topic: Murfs House new Pics  (Read 2466 times)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
Murfs House new Pics
« on: July 15, 2009, 11:40:28 AM »
Well guys and gals, I was quite impressed on my return form the VA with the progress. I wish I could have been there when I asked the foreman how they got those square columns so perfectly round and  no bubble\'s, his only answer was he finishes with just his hands only and no tools.

I hope I get to see him do the next one.

Some concerns I have for you all who know more about these things than I do, I know they are going to p retreat the dirt floor for termites before doing the floor, but what about those wooden stairs? If i treat them now will they hold paint OK, what about the ends that cant be treated for they are already
nailed.

And I had thoughts of installing security cameras on the front porch wireless that hook to one of my TVs or dvds, but that means i would have to be monitor them. What about Halogen security lights with motion sensor with an alarm, or do those things go off to often with false positives.

Also because this will now be the tallest and largest house in our area, and as of late we have had two Americans robbed, not hurt for the boys (and actual band of them have targeted Bayugan outskirts where the rich live, cased the place waited for them to leave even knew they had tickets to Bohol, feels like and inside job to me  :o
 we have never had any trouble in the province itself just south of here for I don\'t know of any Americans who live in Bayugan proper. They can only get material things which don\'t mean much to me, as long as they don\'t hurt my wife or family.

Me thinks me worries to much, Jennifer is becoming excited, me I am trying every way I know to cut down on expenses but time marches on and this day will end OK and another one will start with the sun up and about 8 new orchids started to throw blooms.Life id GOOD ;D

Murf

any of you guys interested in talking I have skype now, user name is gene.murphy3    thanks   09214424520

Man with 60 lbs of log pounding down the dirt floor.

One inside finished wall, no not painted just plaster (mortar) finished wall in the kitchen

Finished wall with opening for window in kitchen area

Another window opening in the Family room.

The four now square but soon to be perfectly round 4 columns where the front porch will be.

Two men using the all purpose plastic house as a water level to do the outside start of the staircase.

The Septic Tank

double shot of window in downstairs guest room and window in kitchen right to left order.

A finished wall in downstairs maid quarters

standing in the middle of the house looking south

a view from the inside of the construction of the stairs.

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
Re: Murfs House new Pics
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »
Me thinks me worries to much, Jennifer is becoming excited, me I am trying every way I know to cut down on expenses but time marches on and this day will end OK and another one will start with the sun up and about 8 new orchids started to throw blooms.Life id GOOD

Murf,

You can never worry too much when you are a foreigner in a foreign land...just don\'t let it take over your life or you will miss out on all the wonderful things in the Philippines...but you already know that.. :D

We mounted small halogen motion sensor lights on the front of the house and the only problem we have had was training the dog that running around in circles to turn the lights on in the middle of the night is not \"fun\"...lol.  They really light up the yard and from the start mom & dad in law were very happy with them because when they come back from the store they don\'t trip because its like daylight when those lights come on..lol.  We also mounted a cctv in the store, and it has proven its worth many times. Its currently hooked to an extra long playing vcr tape (which rarely gets turned on...don\'t ask why!), but when I\'m there on R&R I will be buying a digital recorder for the security system. The one thing I made sure to do was hide the security cams so no one really knows they are there. As stated here before...the problem with having a security system is that others know you have something to secure!

I\'m enjoying your write ups, keep them going and good health to you! 8)
Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »
thanks for your words of encouragement, you and yours are good people, got some problems today, they started welded today and all the florescent lights keep blinking off and on, sort of tortuous if you know what I mean. the electrician promised me none of this would happen, for he ran a separate circuit breaker before the main wire entered my nanays house. maybe it just has to do with florescents for it doesn\'t shut off anything else, not that i know of...oh well just another day in the house building non business for I only complain when I am afraid i am going to burn the damn house down :(

watch for my next article it will probably be not well taken by some, don\'t intend to every start trouble just speak whats in my heart :)

murf

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »
Murf,
     you\'re really getting there now. Absolutely wonderful.

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 05:37:48 AM »
Murf,
     you\'re really getting there now. Absolutely wonderful.

Thank you my Irish Brother, thought you had abandoned me for the likes of boomerang.... boomerang just teasing my friend, I love your two conversations...and your keeping it on topic , that was hard for me and my wee Irish brother to do, without the Murf inserting foot in mouth and then having my brother Wayne stick that number 11 and 1/2 double wide up my arse! :)

Murf

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 06:13:41 AM »
Its currently hooked to an extra long playing vcr tape (which rarely gets turned on...don\'t ask why!), but when I\'m there on R&R I will be buying a digital recorder for the security system. The one thing I made sure to do was hide the security cams so no one really knows they are there. As stated here before...the problem with having a security system is that others know you have something to secure!

Security is a catch-22 here....

Since you notice every SM/Gaisano has security  - and its rarely needed, but if they didnt have security - it WOULD be needed !
If you have it - dont need it ....
If you dont have it - wish you had it !

Just like Grizzly mentioned his VCR is not recording sometimes... its not the VCR that gives the protetion... Its the fact that a person thinks twic when they realize their actions will be made public and their crimes known to all... and have a possee after them !

After noting that my subdivirsion is on 24-7 video security monitoring by yours truly. But dont forget we live in the digital age now... along with that VCR tape (or as a replacement) you an have that motion detector tied to your cameras and when motion is detected the video can be uploaded AUTOMATICALLY to the internet - just like the photos you link of your house... just AUTOMATICALLY !

That means... days, or months later you can see any activities involving your property.
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 07:20:40 AM »
not at all Murf,
           i check this site many times a day just to see what the guys are bouncing around. I\'m gettin ready for the \'roost\' we\'ll be in town in the A.M. your Irish post cards will be en route then. Your house is fairly taking shape now, it\'s great to see!
           Yep the boomerang seems to be \'normal\' :D like the rest of us. I\'m hopin to get out there and meet a few of ye in person some time.
            What\'s the story with skype murf is that free? i got an email to download it in spanish but I\'m worried it\'s a virus. My asawa said if I have a headset I can chat on messenger.
             for now...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 07:28:48 AM »
my Irish brother Skye if for real! no viruses i call my father in the usa every day now for 0.012 cents a second and if you have skype i can call you and you me for free!

get it just download in english, my user name is     gene.murphy3      09214424520

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 07:35:06 AM »
If i treat them now will they hold paint OK

The paint will hold fine Murf once the treatment has dried..We used woodsaver clear. You obviously need to prime the timbers(after treatment)and further prep...Then the undercoat and topcoats are applied..
That said..Paint in this country is the worst that I have ever had the misfortune to use..Hopeless stuff.

Fred.