Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Moving within the Philippines  (Read 1666 times)

jminoki

Moving within the Philippines
« on: July 25, 2009, 03:42:53 PM »
I have a 13A ACR-I card and recently moved to a new province. Does anyone know if there is a requirement to let Immigration know of your new address immediately? Or can you just wait until the annual reporting in Jan-Feb? I did notify the BI office where I was that I was moving; and they gave me a letter for the BI office closest to where I moved. But I cant remember if I need to report in now or just wait. Thanks

Re: Moving within the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »
I have a 13A ACR-I card and recently moved to a new province. Does anyone know if there is a requirement to let Immigration know of your new address immediately? Or can you just wait until the annual reporting in Jan-Feb? I did notify the BI office where I was that I was moving; and they gave me a letter for the BI office closest to where I moved. But I cant remember if I need to report in now or just wait. Thanks

I think it would be a good idea to go to the new BI office. Your I-card will still have your old address and they may want to change it.

Colin

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Moving within the Philippines
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 07:10:27 PM »
I found this on the Philippine Bureau of Immigration Site, but didn\'t find the Change of Address Form:

ACR I-CARD REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES FOR ACR I-CARD RENEWAL OR RE-ISSUANCE

RE-ISSUANCE

D. Amendments ( Name/Nationality/Civil Status/Address/etc.)

Address

1. Duly filled-up form for Change of Address

2. Submit application with the required documents for evaluation, assessment of fees and OPS issuance at Counter 36, G/F CCPF Bldg.

3. For payment of fees, proceed to the Cashier Counters 1 to 7, G/F BI Main Bldg.

4. For recommendation of the Registration Officer (RO)/implementation of the requested amendment/s, proceed to Counter 42, G/F CCPF Bldg.

5. For evaluation and approval of the application, proceed to 3/F CCPF Bldg.

6. Card releasing at Counter 21 G/F, BI Main Bldg.
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995