Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Sending a New Harley to PI  (Read 7847 times)

Re: Sending a New Harley to PI
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 02:58:29 AM »
nice ride Brah.......cant  see the final drive, is it hydraulic?  i would hate to be sitting in rusthour traffic roasting nutts, have you opened her up yet? the bike that is, good job  8) 8) 8) 8)    i would use the diff, and make a trike for myself, cant ride 2 wheels nomo, [paraplegic, spinal chord injury] but thats no reason to stop. did they in PI ban cars with v8 motors?  i left a 69 merc. cyclone GT. at home in olongapo. its still there in the garage at home. might use that as donor car later,dad had a buick 455 wildcat motor and gear [auto] on a pallet then. he had picked in subic when it was a us base, just gotta get home and get my gears in action,   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)       EJ.

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 03:33:41 AM »
I saw a vintage BMW twin in SM car park in Angeles today.

It definitly stuck out amongst the hundreds of XM155\'s  ;D
[/qu ote]                    there were lots of R/50 and R/69s in makati ,used to hang out at DAIRY QUEEN in farmers market quezon city. they were the   SAGITSIT M/C and ALIBASBAS M/C  ill bet a lot of them are now with BOSS M/c the main beemer club now in RP. i rode a R50/2 in the PI. long ago didnt like the EARLS front end on a solo..................... lost in the 70s ........... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D       EJ.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 06:42:16 AM »
i left a 69 merc. cyclone GT. at home in olongapo. its still there in the garage at home. might use that as donor car later,

Nooooo... do not chop that car up .. its soooo nice !

Saw one listed at Reggies car auction for over 6 MILLION PESO !!!
http://www.remarkablecars.com/ppads/showproduct.php/product/4798

Or maybe check your numbers first to make sure it is not one of the rarer ones from that year...

I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »
nice ride Brah.......cant  see the final drive, is it hydraulic?  i would hate to be sitting in rusthour traffic roasting nutts, have you opened her up yet? the bike that is, good job  8) 8) 8) 8)    i would use the diff, and make a trike for myself, cant ride 2 wheels nomo, [paraplegic, spinal chord injury] but thats no reason to stop. did they in PI ban cars with v8 motors?  i left a 69 merc. cyclone GT. at home in olongapo. its still there in the garage at home. might use that as donor car later,dad had a buick 455 wildcat motor and gear [auto] on a pallet then. he had picked in subic when it was a us base, just gotta get home and get my gears in action,   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)       EJ.

Unfortunatly, I never finished the bike. The drive defeated me in the end. I tried using a brake servo to lift the clutch, but it was a failuer, then I built a centrifugal clutch, but it never worked, and after two years solid work on it I got fed up of it, and stripped it down for parts and built a T bucket with the motor.

I have plans to build a trike some day. We saw a very nice Harley here in Angeles yesterday, a big twin, with a car axle modified in the rear, to chain drive. I\'d go for a V8 power if I build one.  

Current project is a Model A Roadster Pickup, with a fibreglass body imported from England. Motor is a 350 Chevy.

This lives in Angeles,  an interesting VW trike:

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »
In 2008 my PNP Supt friend Manny came to the USA with some other officers for FBI training & conference in Philadelphia, PA, USA. Manny & a fellow officer Juan stayed for a month, rented Harleys and rode to South Dakota to participate in Sturgis Week. They ended up flying to Los Angeles, CA before going home.

While in Los Angeles, Juan bought a new 105th Anniversary Harley and loaded it up to about $35,000.00 with all the extras and shipped it to Manila. When the Harley got to Manila, his troubles started. His shipper and someone in the Customs Bureau got cross-ways and his Harley was impounded.

Here\'s the latest that I\'ve heard from Marni:

About Col. Juan\'s 105th Anniversary model, he was able settle it with the Customs Bureau but immediately going out from the Customs, he was again flagged by PASG ( Philippine Anti-Smuggling Group) which was a special unit of the Arroyo Administration. The problem was with his shipper and the broker, as I\'ve learned they had a misunderstanding and they were trying to pull down each other and the 105th HD was just one of the collateral damage of their misunderstanding. The bike is still there rotting and is not yet subjected to auction. Though, the shipper replaced the bike with a new one, and it was a Brand New 2009 Black Model.

So, even with all of Col. Juan\'s connections through his family and the PNP, this happened to him!!!

Want to try your luck with this \"system\"? ???

Billy

"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 01:01:22 AM »
Here is a link with answers to your questions
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 04:22:26 AM »
Rufus, would that be the famous \"missing link\"?  :o  ::) :D ;D ;)
Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS