Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: First time posting?  (Read 14061 times)

Offline whjackryan

Re: First time posting?
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2010, 03:10:07 AM »
My first time posting also :). Going to Puerto Princesa, Palawan for our honeymoon in Sept, any recommendations?
nealspeakers@sbcglobal.net
Salamat!

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2010, 03:19:51 AM »
If I were going to Palawan, for honeymoon or holiday, Puerto Princesa wouldn\'t be my first choice. I\'d want to get away to somewhere quieter.

Try looking at http://www.palawan.com/articles.php?article_id=104  to get an idea of different resorts available at

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2010, 12:05:46 PM »
If I were going to Palawan, for honeymoon or holiday, Puerto Princesa wouldn\'t be my first choice. I\'d want to get away to somewhere quieter.

Try looking at http://www.palawan.com/articles.php?article_id=104  to get an idea of different resorts available at

I agree with Dave, and I live in Puerto  ;) ;D

Puerto is OK for a few days outings to places like Honda Bay and the underground river. There are also a number of other tours that are not extensively advertised and would need to be researched and booked locally. For example http://www.palawansailing.com/home.html. We found this one by chance in a local restaurant. Hotels and tour operators will have this sort of information.

I would recommend places like El Nido or Coron. Port Barton has, I believe, the longest stretch of sandy beach in the Philippines, also very quiet.

Colin

Offline Stormy

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2010, 11:24:16 PM »

Well this is my first post on the board so I have better say who I am.

Originally from the UK but lived overseas most of my life and now my final couple of years of working life are being spent in Libya!!!

The big plan is to call it a day at the end of next year and then share my time between Philippines and Thailand.  My base in Philippines will be Busuanga but will probably need to get my fix of Thailand every couple of months.

I am not married anymore, and at the moment have no intention of falling into the big black hole again.

Cheers
Stormy

Offline YoucancallmeAl

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »
Hi all,
I just joined today and have posted twice. But I\'m experiencing some bizarre issues that maybe someone can explain for me.

1. I started a new topic in the Visas category. But it doesn\'t show up there. Someone is seeing it because I already got 2 responses. But the only way for me to see it is to go to my profile and look up \"my posts\". Are newbie topics hidden to all but moderators?

2. I tried to reply to the above mentioned thread, but it gave me a message saying I had to wait 120 seconds. OK, fine. So after several minutes I clicked \"post\" again and this time it told me it already posted. But it didn\'t. Anyone know what\'s going on?

thanx

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2010, 11:01:56 AM »
Hi all,
I just joined today and have posted twice. But I\'m experiencing some bizarre issues that maybe someone can explain for me.

1. I started a new topic in the Visas category. But it doesn\'t show up there. Someone is seeing it because I already got 2 responses. But the only way for me to see it is to go to my profile and look up \"my posts\". Are newbie topics hidden to all but moderators?

2. I tried to reply to the above mentioned thread, but it gave me a message saying I had to wait 120 seconds. OK, fine. So after several minutes I clicked \"post\" again and this time it told me it already posted. But it didn\'t. Anyone know what\'s going on?

thanx

Al,

Here\'s a link to your Visa post:
http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php/topic,3939.msg38711.html#msg38711

I think the only problem with your posting is that you have to wait a few minutes between posts.  We had to set it that way due to spammers flooding the Forum with their junk.  Newbie posts are not hidden for any reason. 

Welcome to the group!   :)  :)  :)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline YoucancallmeAl

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »
Hi all,

thanx

Al,

Here\'s a link to your Visa post:
http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php/topic,3939.msg38711.html#msg38711

I think the only problem with your posting is that you have to wait a few minutes between posts.  We had to set it that way due to spammers flooding the Forum with their junk.  Newbie posts are not hidden for any reason. 

Welcome to the group!   :)  :)  :)

Hi GrayWolf,
Thanks for the link. I figured out what it was: I just didn\'t see it because there were a bunch of stickies ahead of it.

As for the 120 second wait, I understand the desire to prevent spammers but this seems excessive to me.
And apparently the waiting time applies to both posts and PM\'s. I just posted something to a thread, then I noticed I had a PM. I read the entire PM and composed a brief \"thank you\" response. When I clicked send I got the same \"Error. wait 120 seconds\" message. For a PM? Aaargh!
So then I hit the back button a couple times, waited another minute or so, then composed and tried to send the reply PM again. Again I got the \"Error. wait 120 seconds\" message!
(OK, I need an aspirin now.)
So does the 120 second clock start all over again after it gives you the first error message?
And does the 120 second wait have to be until you start composing the next message or until you hit send?
I\'m afraid I\'m gonna have to employ a stop watch just to use this forum.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2011, 02:22:28 AM »

Hi GrayWolf,
Thanks for the link. I figured out what it was: I just didn\'t see it because there were a bunch of stickies ahead of it.

As for the 120 second wait, I understand the desire to prevent spammers but this seems excessive to me.
And apparently the waiting time applies to both posts and PM\'s. I just posted something to a thread, then I noticed I had a PM. I read the entire PM and composed a brief \"thank you\" response. When I clicked send I got the same \"Error. wait 120 seconds\" message. For a PM? Aaargh!
So then I hit the back button a couple times, waited another minute or so, then composed and tried to send the reply PM again. Again I got the \"Error. wait 120 seconds\" message!
(OK, I need an aspirin now.)
So does the 120 second clock start all over again after it gives you the first error message?
And does the 120 second wait have to be until you start composing the next message or until you hit send?
I\'m afraid I\'m gonna have to employ a stop watch just to use this forum.

What seems excessive to some is relief to others.   ;D  We do only what we have to do in order to prevent the Forum from being taken over.  The other option is for all posts to be put in line and wait until a Mod has time to read it and then allow it to be posted.  Not what we want to do.  We have enough work as it is.

No one else has a problem with the 120 second rule.  May I suggest you slow down a little and relax?  Then you won\'t need an aspirin.   ;D

BTW, you do realize that most of your post here is a copy and paste from another post elsewhere? 

Manigong Bagong Taon, pare!

Offline YoucancallmeAl

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2011, 02:21:35 AM »

BTW, you do realize that most of your post here is a copy and paste from another post elsewhere? 

Manigong Bagong Taon, pare!

Yeah, I did that in hopes of doubling my odds of getting a knowledgeable answer about when the 120 seconds needs to be, i.e.- do you have to wait the 120 seconds before you click reply and start composing your next message or until you click \"post\"? (That makes a big difference)
Should I have just left a link to this post/thread instead?

btw, can you translate \"Manigong Bagong Taon, pare!\" for me?
thanks

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2011, 06:45:05 AM »
\"Manigong Bagong Taon, pare!\"

Happy New Year buddy (male pal, friend, etc.).  For a female replace \"pare\" with \"mare\".

Down in Bisayaland it\'s \"Malipayong Bagong Tuig\" \"dong\" for a male friend or \"day\" (pronounced like dye) for a female
Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2011, 11:28:41 PM »
\"Manigong Bagong Taon, pare!\"

Happy New Year buddy (male pal, friend, etc.).  For a female replace \"pare\" with \"mare\".

Down in Bisayaland it\'s \"Malipayong Bagong Tuig\" \"dong\" for a male friend or \"day\" (pronounced like dye) for a female

Yeah, what Goyo said.   ;D

As far as how, why, when about the 120 second rule...  We did what we had to do in order to alleviate another problem with the Forum.  Hell, it takes me more than 120 seconds to take another sip of tea and read the next post!   :D 

Slow down and enjoy your time with us (as well as life in general)    ;)   :)   :)