Author Topic: feeling frustrated anything anyone can suggest?  (Read 2820 times)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
feeling frustrated anything anyone can suggest?
« on: August 24, 2009, 03:52:11 PM »
  It has been a month now since all worked stopped on our house due to the welding of the steel roof was drawing to much current from my mother in laws 40 year old wiring and I was afraid along with the electrician we were going to start a fire which we did one day in the main  line leading to the house.

So the architect whom i still like and trust a lot so don\'t feel like it is him personally doing any of this, but with my current health conditions and all my brothers except one having jobs when we are building, it is hard to face them every day for some committee somewhere  will not sit down and approve this application for a damn electric pole and new meter.. , that is the one of the drawn backs to building in a province  in lieu of a bigger city, for nothing can be approved here locally, everything  has to to go to either butuan , san fresco  or sometimes even further.

at first it was to send my wife to an 8 hour seminar about electricity and how it worked, and how it came from the street to your house and what the difference between a fuse and circuit breaker was, she said she did not learn anything was bored all day and was hungry for there was only a 30 minute lunch break and no time to go to jolibee, so she ate a snickers bar instead, good choice my love, lol  ;D we needed the original deed of sale, which we produced, and then it was the inspector who puts up the approves the poles was in Cebu on a seminar and was off for the week.

Now I don\'t know what it is, both my electrician, architect, and attorney tell me nothing is wrong this is just the electric company taking its sweet time for they are going to have to send  a crew to inspect the pole and watch the setting it up by their experts.I say I have adapted well to the RP , have learned this is not the USA and things don\'t happen with the pick up and making of a telephone call, but I am not quite a normal human being, no wise cracks please ;D ;), I don\'t exactly have all the time Noah had to build this damn ark before it started to rain, I mean I would like to get my wife in thee before I go on to meet my maker, would be nice,  >:( >:( >:(

so any suggestion as to if anything I have overlooked or neglected for those of you going through this but please understand this is Bayugan, and this is the middle of the damn jungle nothing happens quick here, but if it is me, who has forgot some piece of papeer work to file or something they need looks like they would just tell me.

I know  CAPTAIN RON, NEVER GIVE UP, AND I SHANT (spelled correctly if your from the eastern shore of Maryland)....but if there is something I have overlooked and you, all  Grizzi, Ron, Billy, Braddo, Colin, Rufus, Jack, the one who have been through this before if it is something I am doing wrong and I am overlooking it please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

One pissed off and inpatient Irishmen. but still love my wife and family. ;D ;D and always will

The \"Murf\"

don\'t feel well today, been coughing what is left of my lungs out even the O2 don\'t help so maybe I am just having an off day, but when i walk down those stairs and see the looks on my brothers faces, being out of work, it just breaks my heart. Were back to supplying diapers for both nieces now for they haven\'t been paid in so long, but they were so good when they did get paid I never once bought a diaper, god what a lovely family, they only make them like this in the RP you know, and don\'t be telling everybody you met, let the damn tourists stay home!  ;D

Murf

then after that it was \"downhill\" for you know what they say when you get old and start going downhill, you get moving faster at least ;D ;D

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: feeling frustrated anything anyone can suggest?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 03:59:41 PM »
Can\'t   ;D you buy, borrow or rent a genset? for the welding and keep things moving?

I was surprised at the availability in Tagbilaran.......you might need to go to Butuan.....don\'t know about Bayugan

Ask your architect, builders about sources of gensets for rent

Extend your reach.....any kano/pinoy construction guys in Bayugan you could reach out to for help?

Wierd about the seminar needed......for our townhouse in Tagbilaran City, we just signed up to Bohol Power & Light......like with any utility in west.

But to get power feed onto our building lot, with BOHECO (Bohol Electric Co-operative) .....first Glo needed to attend a half day seminar
Getting actual power line in was a doddle but felt we were footing the bill for future electric feed to the surrounding sites....c\'est la vie
Lot is 500 metres from major road

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 04:53:13 PM »
  It has been a month now since all worked stopped on our house due to the welding of the steel roof was drawing to much current from my mother in laws 40 year old wiring and I was afraid along with the electrician we were going to start a fire which we did one day in the main  line leading to the house.

100% exact same thing happened to me. 3 weeks later we had electricity again... and this was in a daily use residence.

Then I googled the electric company and the word complaint and found actual videos of court hearings about a year ago... many many many others have seen the same.

Almost makes you want to keep a spare roll of #6 wire in your closet for these emergencies.

I think I threw everything out - but I will look to see if I can find any - had all blueprints and code and all xeroxed from the original developer to get approved.

I will call you now to give details while im looking.
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »

100% exact same thing happened to me. 3 weeks later we had electricity again... and this was in a daily use residence.

Then I googled the electric company and the word complaint and found actual videos of court hearings about a year ago... many many many others have seen the same.

Almost makes you want to keep a spare roll of #6 wire in your closet for these emergencies.

I think I threw everything out - but I will look to see if I can find any - had all blueprints and code and all xeroxed from the original developer to get approved.

I will call you now to give details while im looking.

Brad

thank you so much for calling, called my architect right away and he will be over tomorrow , hope what you said will work here!

Your a god send my man, a god send. got to met up!    Murf

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 07:18:02 PM »
Can\'t   ;D you buy, borrow or rent a genset? for the welding and keep things moving?

I was surprised at the availability in Tagbilaran.......you might need to go to Butuan.....don\'t know about Bayugan

Ask your architect, builders about sources of gensets for rent

Extend your reach.....any kano/pinoy construction guys in Bayugan you could reach out to for help?

Wierd about the seminar needed......for our townhouse in Tagbilaran City, we just signed up to Bohol Power & Light......like with any utility in west.

But to get power feed onto our building lot, with BOHECO (Bohol Electric Co-operative) .....first Glo needed to attend a half day seminar
Getting actual power line in was a doddle but felt we were footing the bill for future electric feed to the surrounding sites....c\'est la vie
Lot is 500 metres from major road

Ron, sorry confused about the genset, Wayne was telling me i needed two for the generators , is that what you mean just buy a generator or transformer of some sort and do the welding with that, as you can see i am pretty confused, all I know is they need electricity  to finished the roof before they can start finishing the second floor?

My wife says why can\'t they finish the first floor there is no way rain can ruin the work because there is a 12 inch slab of second floor above us....? is she right? i mean can\'t they do the tiles , the painting the plastering and so forth or is it because the plumbing from the second floor runs down through ? \\ the first? damn if I know...signing off for now, way to tired and frustrated , need meds and hook up to the big green machine. lol :)

thanks all/////    Murf

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 07:37:38 PM »
Either a portable gas or diesel generator to give you the electricty for the welder

OR

a combined GENerator SET including welder.......lots of companies make them

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/genset/portable-welder-27042-220678.html

http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/PH-suppliers/Gensets.html

** A genset is generally accepted to be a generator + additional driven device....welder, water pump, aircompressor, alternator/transformer etc etc

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 06:45:13 AM »
Either a portable gas or diesel generator to give you the electricty for the welder

OR

a combined GENerator SET including welder.......lots of companies make them

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/genset/portable-welder-27042-220678.html

http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/PH-suppliers/Gensets.html

** A genset is generally accepted to be a generator + additional driven device....welder, water pump, aircompressor, alternator/transformer etc etc

Thanks CAPTAIN RON, I thought that was what you meant, but believe it or not, I am on a strict budget with all the ones in the family to feed, plus the architects 150,000 pesos a month, and I can\'t borrow the money for the house yet even though they want to lend it to me but I don\'t or she doesn\'t have the title, even though the lawyer says were finished just waiiting on some action to be taken by someone in some office to clear the thing.

Then there is the purchasing of the stainless steel frost refrigerator , stove, 5 beds, all the things one needs for a 4 bedroom house, plus all the cabinets both upper level above the sink and lower level under the granite top counter space , we have tons of household items like you know sterling place settings and  stuff, but all these little things, not even thinking about the amount of tile and paint it is going ot cost me, well thank god I have a builder who is willing to work on only 150,000 a month, but when it all done, maybe I will be in in it ...Mortgage  free, that would be nice, I could really live then...lol talking debt free retirement, hmmm the thought never crossed my mind till now, with the jacuzzi  for the master bedroom setting me back 186,000 P one can see it takes me a couple of months to get things that are over lets say 75,000.

Just a Military Pensioner with Social Security, wife doesn\'t go to work , for she has her hands full taken care of me.

The electrician, architect, and foreman are coming over today for a meeting to see what we can come up with. A special thanks to \"Brad\" for the phone call and advice...I might end up doing this the Filipino way !

Murf

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 02:56:51 PM »
P150,000 per month for your architect????

My architect charges P4,000 per month for 3 half day inspection visits per week

I don\'t know the rates of genset rentals but have someone contact your city engineers dept.....they might operate the same as in Tagbilaran

In Tagbilaran the city engineers dept rents out heavy construction equipment at about 1/3rd the commercial operators rates

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 06:24:27 AM »
P150,000 per month for your architect????

My architect charges P4,000 per month for 3 half day inspection visits per week

I don\'t know the rates of genset rentals but have someone contact your city engineers dept.....they might operate the same as in Tagbilaran

In Tagbilaran the city engineers dept rents out heavy construction equipment at about 1/3rd the commercial operators rates

no CAPTAIN RON, the 150,000 per month is for the total of the 3 million pesos that I owe him for building the house, he\'s actual archect fee is only 5% where most are higher, if not for him and being able to pay as I go I would not have gotten this far for the lawyer is in no rush to get her the title to the house even though he says its done?

Can\'t borrow money from the bank without the title?

Murf

Tomorrow is another day and the sun will shine somewhere, I know. :)

Murf

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 07:44:43 AM »

no CAPTAIN RON, the 150,000 per month is for the total of the 3 million pesos that I owe him for building the house, he\'s actual archect fee is only 5% where most are higher, if not for him and being able to pay as I go I would not have gotten this far for the lawyer is in no rush to get her the title to the house even though he says its done?

Can\'t borrow money from the bank without the title?

Murf

Tomorrow is another day and the sun will shine somewhere, I know. :)

Murf

Here\'s where I read the P150,000 per month......confusing to say the least... but now it\'s understood

Thanks CAPTAIN RON, I thought that was what you meant, but believe it or not, I am on a strict budget with all the ones in the family to feed, plus the architects 150,000 pesos a month, and I can\'t borrow the money for the house yet even though they want to lend it to me but I don\'t or she doesn\'t have the title, even though the lawyer says were finished just waiiting on some action to be taken by someone in some office to clear the thing.

Murf

You certainly can\'t borrow money against the land without having title.......at least from reputable banks....even then 12% interest would be a good deal

Figured you didn\'t have a money tree down there, that\'s why I suggested borrowing or renting genset.......wish I could remember the prices of the bigger ones I saw in Tagbilaran.

Final suggestion.....couldn\'t you just have the electrician tap into the electricity at the main junction box.....that way it wouldn\'t be running through the 40 year old wiring in the house.

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 01:39:09 PM »

Final suggestion.....couldn\'t you just have the electrician tap into the electricity at the main junction box.....that way it wouldn\'t be running through the 40 year old wiring in the house.

Another suggestion, maybe you could use gas welding if it is available in your area.

Colin

thats what I thought we did, I know little about electricity but have rewired enough of this old house to know it is a disaster just waiting to happen but god bless the Filipino\'s for they worry about nothing, don\'t worry be happy as the man said, I told the electrician wasn\'t there a way to go from before the wiring went through my meter into the old house he could put up a junction box and feed the house directly from the main?well I was there when he did it but said he would have to put it on the inside for when they came to read the meter each month they would know something was suspicious, now I know the hollow block machine had its own electrictiy with its own circuit breaker for it shut off a couple of times when they overloaded it, and it blew it own fuses before mine , when they would weld from the junction box, only the flourescent lghts would flicker, not incandescent bulbs, so i never did understand that theory, so much i don\'t understand I really could write the all American Novel, :) , but when there was a fire in the main line leading into this house during a rain storm and my brother in law had enough sense to throw the main power switch off before the fire reached the house, I decided after putting up new wiring,

Now see by law, that is the main that is leading into my house before it goes to the meter and then inside mothers house, so it was supposed to be the electric company who fixed it, but I just got the electrician who works for them who lives next door to fix it for me, he had his own supply of wire, now pray tell where he got that lol :) and diid not charge me anything...but he got a couple of long necks that weekend anyway.

My wife says I am too worried about it because my brothers are all out of work, well for pettys sake they have been out of work foreve until i started buidling the house, I guess I have learned to adapt to my environment quite well here, can deal with most things, but just am an inpatient person by nature always thinking well if I had done this instead of that...and that gets me no where...so its just sit and wait until someone please give me an answer soon.

Thanks for all of your guys suggestions, having the clear title from the lawyer right now would solve a lot of my money issues.

Murf