Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: My first trip to the RP  (Read 2661 times)

Offline jmauser

• Sr Member
My first trip to the RP
« on: September 07, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »
I finally recovered from the trip, very exhausting, (I must be getting old). I could not have had a better time. The people were friendly, even the taxi driver I offered to have arrested, ($50 US for a 500php trip, LOL). I went to meet some young women I have  been talking to over the past few months, I am so glad I did get to meet them.
The trip consisted of Manila (arrival), to Tacloban, van trip to Biliran/Naval, back to Tacloban-Manila, then to Cebu, van trip to Toledo, back to Cebu, FAST Ferry to Ormoc, Leyte, then to Manila, (depart). A whirlwind trip to say the least, but the trip of a lifetime. Stayed at some nice places, and some not so nice, the company was warm and friendly, I did not want to leave. Actually missed my flight home, and had to stay a few more days (darn!).
My ultimate opinion of the Philippines/Philippinos, is that \"The only thing more beautiful than the people, is the land itself\"
2 weeks was too short, but leaves me wanting more, like MacArthur said \"I shall return\"

John
Now how do I post pictures?
(still nothing witty comes to mind)

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
Re: My first trip to the RP
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:23:11 AM »
John, to post fotos just do a quick read up on this topic here in our forum.

The link is;

http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php/topic,206.0.html

It\'s best if you have an account at Photobucket.  It\'s easy to set one up, just go to http://photobucket.com/

After that, just follow the instructions contained in the link above for posting fotos from Photobucket.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.  Ain\'t the Philippines great?   ;D  Looking forward to seeing your pix.

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 02:46:30 PM »
John,
Glad you enjoyed the experience, I\'m sitting at the key-board right now, just waiting for the last 3 hours to pass till  we set off for our holiday to Cebu this afternoon.
Your right, 2 weeks is never enough time, but it certainly leaves your memory bank full to the brim with the journey for a long time.
Your remark about the taxi fare,... I\'m wondering if there\'s quite a lot of first-timers get ripped off, not knowing what the true cost of a local ride is... I was exactly the same on my first trip. (make sure to get the meter switched on ) no matter how friendly the taxi driver seems, he knows there will be a score to make if he sweet-talks you.
Looking forward to see your photo\'s on the forum too, .... ( I\'m useless on the computer, but I managed to get my photo\'s on here using the photobucket too )

Jonny
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 03:03:24 PM »
There\'s been numerous threads, both here and on the yahoo groups area about what is reasonable taxi fare from airport to Manila/Makati......

It\'s not just filipino taxi drivers who try this on with inexperienced travellers, it happens the world over 

Offline jmauser

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 05:56:21 AM »
By no means is the Philippines alone in corrupt taxi drivers, but this one actually made me smile, especially since the hotel reported him as well.

Offline jmauser

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 05:58:34 AM »
Here are the rest, I hope

Offline jmauser

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 07:41:55 AM »
some more pics

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »
nice pix. where were the pix taken?

Offline Braddo

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »
Hi, I liked your pictures as well but can you tell us all before we go mad guessing where are they taken?

My wife says Cebu but I think it might be Subic Bay area

Keep sending

Cheers Mate

Offline jmauser

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »
Ok ok, the 1st batch is from Biliran in Leyte up to the portlike picture, that starts the Toledo, Cebu pics, then Manila, they got kinda mixed up during upload, then Sabin Resort in Ormoc, Leyte
I am slowly, veeeery slowly putting titles on the pics in photobucket.
PM me if you want the link, I am happy to share!
John

Offline Braddo

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
Thanks John, Looks like I was wrong with the location of your pics oh well they are good anyway :D

Cheers

Braddo