Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Where to go next????  (Read 4013 times)

Offline joe22790

Where to go next????
« on: October 11, 2009, 10:15:16 PM »
Currently my plan is to stop in Bangkok or Pattaya for Turkey Day then back to the states for training and leave.  I am planning to be in the Philippines for Xmas for about a week.  I would like to enjoy some relaxation on a nice beach, maybe play golf, and have some fine adult entertainment.  I just visited Manila and it was to busy, dirty, crowded for this trip.  I am open to suggestions, I haven\'t bought any tickets yet. 

Just for clarification, I will traveling from the US and don\'t want to spend all my vacation flying.  I would like to have a relaxing time and meet some great people....maybe even a young beautiful lady:) 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions ;D

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Where to go next????
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 06:39:51 AM »
Try Angeles City.  It\'s closer to the beaches of Subic and has plenty of \"adult entertainment\" for a week\'s stay. 

Good luck!
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline GWG

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
I agree, you can\'t go wrong with Angeles City.
Contact Margarita Station, they have a great car service that will pick you up at the airport and take you to your Hotel in AC.
For a real treat, contact ABC Hotel and hire their Helicopter, $250 and no Manila Traffic!

Word of warning.... Angeles City can be very addictive to single males, some have been known to go back to they\'re homes and sell everything they have, just to get back to AC.

It\'s truly one of those places that everyone should see at least once in their life.

Offline joe22790

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:10:27 PM »
Thanks guys!!  A group of us guys actually wanted to visit AC when went to Manila, but they put a bunch of restrictions on our liberty becuase it had been so long since we pulled into the PI. 

I will consider AC, but I think Cebu or down south may be where I end up becuase I only have a few trips over the next couple of years to figure out my retirement starting point.  I know I dont want to retire in Manila and I doubt I could handle AC for more than a short time.

Besides, I think we are going back next year and I may not listen to there BS liberty policies and live it up in AC:)  I already checked out the ABC hotel..... ;D

Joe

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »
We live in Cebu City part of the year and it is a happening place, and a man would have to be wearing a bag over his head to not meet women in the major malls such as SM or Ayala and also all over the city. Heck, they try to pick me up when I am arm and arm with my wife and I am 61.  ;D What an ego booster.  ;)

There are also many bars all along the Mango area and right near the Osmena Circle area near the Robinsons mall where single guys can kick back and have fun. Just one word of caution, a lot of the ladies walking the Mango area are actually girlyboys, so if they are dressed really sexy and provocative then they are most likely boys because most ladies are conservative, and the easy way to find out for sure is to do the elbow test, if the arm can bend back past straight then it is a girl and if it cannot then move on to the next one or ten.  :D
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 02:34:47 AM »
hehe,.. had to laugh at the \"elbow\" test thing !!
If I was single I\'d probably get more advanced and do my own \"elbow\" test,... just shuffle the letters around !!

Jonny
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 09:59:41 AM »
If I was single I\'d probably get more advanced and do my own \"elbow\" test,... just shuffle the letters around !!

Jonny

That may sometimes be hard to do right out in the street  ;D ;) but the elbow can be discretely done without the lady even realizing you were checking. To tell you the truth, I have seen some that I might have a hard time telling that they were men without one test of the other.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 01:04:48 PM »

Jonny

That may sometimes be hard to do right out in the street  ;D ;) but the elbow can be discretely done without the lady even realizing you were checking. To tell you the truth, I have seen some that I might have a hard time telling that they were men without one test of the other.
I always thought the \"Adams Apple\" test was used to determine the true gender?

God Bless....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 10:33:58 PM »

Jonny

I always thought the \"Adams Apple\" test was used to determine the true gender?

God Bless....

You might want to read here  http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam\'s_apple   which will no doubt change your mind.  The elbow is fool proof as long as the women is not very overweight.

Offline joe22790

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 02:35:47 PM »
Mr Lee,

Thanks for the input on Cebu.  As much as I am going to relax and have a good time, I am also going to see the area I might retire in.  I dont need to meet a bunch of girls or go to clubs with bar girls every night.  I would be fine with a nice young lady and just some relaxation time. 

Chances are, I will adventure out of the city and stay on a beach the majority of my week there.  Any recommendations on nice beach resorts in that area.  I have seen beautiful pictures with the crystal blue water and white sands....now thats relaxation!!!!

PS...I never heard of the elbow test but it definitely makes sense and I was rolling when I read comments.  As a world traveling Sailor of 22 years I can spot the girly boys pretty quickly. 

I love this forum...you guys are great. ;)

Joe     

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »
You might try Moalboal http://www.moalboal-travel-guide.com/ or hope a boat over to Bohol http://www.bohol-philippines.com/bohol-beach.html or both.

I have a niece who works on Balicasa Island near Panglao and she tells me it is beautiful but I have not been there yet. http://www.divephil.com/bohol/balicasa/

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 03:45:12 AM »
Still considering Cebu, the province not the city, you might want to consider Malapascua Island.  Here is what Lonely Planet says; 

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/philippines/the-visayas/malapascua-island

Images at;

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=malapascua&psc=G&filter=1#

Then there\'s Santa Fe, Bantayan Island.  This is from Wikipedia;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Fe,_Cebu

Images at;

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=santa+fe+bantayan&psc=G&filter=1#

Good luck.

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline friendlysaint

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 09:29:21 AM »
Hi Joe

If u have not decided yet, u might wanna try Iloilo land of chicken inasal n batchoy.

Here is a recent writeup from a media man on his first visit.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/mb/20091107/tel-discovering-iloilo-city-8a1add4.html

Cheers

Andy
Singapore Iloilo Express
Western Visayas

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 10:09:45 AM »
Spare a thought for Palawan  ;) ;D

Colin

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 09:01:55 PM »
You would also be welcome here in Bacolod City.  God Bless.....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***