Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: In Memory of Murf  (Read 33503 times)

Offline Cuenca_ammer

Re: In Memory of Murf
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 02:35:30 AM »
Being a recent poster here I personally never knew the man. I have read lots of his posts though. They \"tended\" to be a bit long winded (and I think he would agree).

A lot though can be read into the things he posted. Colin I am sure that he could be (Hah!! WAS) hard headed.

What DID come across though was his sincerity. He obviously had a big heart. I had to laugh at the time when he blew the transformers  :D (or his workers did). He was obviously in great pain. He obviously realised that his passing would leave a big hole with his family.

I think though that the islands will be short one good person. Hopefully those here can help his family and ease their suffering with support and efforts to make sure that she gets what he paid so long into and ultimately gave his life for. His pension and his country.

R.I.P. Big Man.

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 04:40:04 AM »
I also am saddened by this.  He did a lot to help those in need, such as his niece.  And many others.  My thoughts and prayers will be with Jennifer and Murf\'s extended family.

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 05:35:28 AM »
Goodness me, I was waiting for this,... but its still a shock.
I shed a tear for you tonight old boy, ...

Jonny
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 07:19:09 AM »
My condolences to his family.
 I was reading his recent posts, but I did not think he would pass this soon.  I\'m very sorry to hear of passing.  He seemed to enjoy this forum very much and the friends he was chatting with.

Offline jmauser

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »
I was very sad to read this post, Murf was an interesting gent. At times a bit of a curmudgeon, but a heart as big as all outdoors. I had very little interaction with him, but he always reminded me of an old jarhead I served with, and at times like my father, a bit gruff, but well intentioned. He spoke his mind, good, bad, or indifferent, you had to at least respect that. I will miss him dearly, his posts were very informative, and as said before, you could see his heart in his writings.
Please pass on my condolences to his family,

Semper Fidelis,
John
(still nothing witty comes to mind)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »
 thanks for all your support...

hello everybody out there, i am jennifer murphy, murf\'s wife, i have to apologize in advance if i make mistakes the way i write it it\'s just that this is my first time on this forum..i am sure my husband will be very proud of me if he will just know that i am writing here now.

anyway, it\'s very sad for everybody that my husband is gone, so do i, but when it\'s your time no one can stop it..
  well, what i really want to say is that i just want to thank  you all for being murf\'s friend, and always being there to listen and read his writing about
  anything.. i am not strong as he was, but i will try to be.. just asking you guys one more favor, please accompany us in your prayers.

Thank you and God bless you all..

Jennifer Murphy

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 01:09:25 PM »

hello everybody out there, i am jennifer murphy, murf\'s wife, i have to apologize in advance if i make mistakes the way i write it it\'s just that this is my first time on this forum..i am sure my husband will be very proud of me if he will just know that i am writing here now.

anyway, it\'s very sad for everybody that my husband is gone, so do i, but when it\'s your time no one can stop it..
  well, what i really want to say is that i just want to thank  you all for being murf\'s friend, and always being there to listen and read his writing about
  anything.. i am not strong as he was, but i will try to be.. just asking you guys one more favor, please accompany us in your prayers.

Thank you and God bless you all..

Jennifer Murphy

I\'m NOT a religous man Jennifer, as Murf knew and understood .......but I will certainly say a little prayer in Murfs memory for you and the whole of your (you & Murfs) extended family
As long as Murf lives on in our hearts and our minds, he DOES live on.

God bless ou Jennifer (& Murf)

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 02:25:19 PM »
I also have no interest in religion, and prayers have no meaning for me. However, let us hope that Murf is now with whatever God he chose to believe in.

Colin

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »
Vale Gene,  

Rest peacefully old son.

My deepest sympathy goes out to Jennifer and Murf\'s family.

Graham

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 09:02:14 PM »
Jennifer, I have never been good with these types of things but I can assure you that I have already said a prayer for Murf and we send our condolences to you and all his family.

Lee
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline mujin

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 11:07:02 PM »
I will put Murph in our dedication for you tomorrow at the temple,and recite the Emmei jukku Kannon Gyo in his behalf.

May the udumbara bloom in endless spring,
           And may we realize the Buddha Way together.

mujin  

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 11:07:56 PM »
Hi guys,
I threw my back out last Wed night and was bed ridden for a few days thus not aware of what happened. I didn\'t even read these posts just the title listings when I saw this. 1st thing I did was call Jen. She then confirmed what I read. My heart sank. I felt horrible and helpless. I wanted to help her but don\'t know how. The last time I talked to Gene he was in pain but surviving. I knew time was short but didn\'t know it was this short. As a Christian, I know he is now in true paradise with The Lord. I ask that The Lord look over Jen & her family and strengthen them & protect them. The days ahead will he hard but they will come through it. Gene\'s memory will be preserved and cherished by Myrlita & I as well as others here. God Bless...

Bro Steve
Sis Myrlita
River Of Life
Bacolod City, PH
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 06:44:08 AM »
I wanted to help her but don\'t know how.

All I can think of is that their house is not finished. It didnt help budget matters paying infinitely more to developers MONTHLY above and beyond construction costs (as we saw from his postings).

With what monies (or no monies) Jennifer Murphy has left I think the best gift we can give her is to assist with any resources we have available to finish the epic housing unit Gene was having built.

P100k monthly (or whatever it was) may be more than any of us would pay for an architech - I would be reluctant to even pay the P4k monthly that some of us posted - and certainly now she is not in a position to pay that \'foreigner priced\' 100k monthly for someone to babysit a slow project ...

If we could just allow her to best complete her family house with the funds she has available - that is probably what Geno555 would have wanted the most. He left the project he PROMISED to finish - uncomplete.

Thats probably the thing Geno would want most... 2nd to that - just throw a part and drink a lot !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 11:25:18 AM »
The Muff and I have exchanged words, knocked heads, (somewhat), and exchanged ATTA-BOYS.

That\'s how I will remember him and I can say, I enjoyed the online contact!

As to prayers, from my POV, he is beyond my efforts. But Jennie and family are not!!
B-Ray

Offline Miss August

• Sr Member
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »
My deepest sympathy to Jennifer, his extended family and friends. I\'m sure he will be miss around the forums.

The Murf, may you rest in peace !
? Live Well. Laugh Often. Love Much. ?