Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: European flight search.  (Read 14532 times)

European flight search.
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »
Looking for flights, availability, timings across many airlines covering flights to & from:

# Austria
# Belgium
# Denmark
# Finland
# France
# Germany
# Ireland
# Netherlands
# Norway
# Spain
# Sweden
# Switzerland
# U.K.

Each with their own country sites & in their own language. Check out Ebookers on

http://www.ebookers.com/shop/home

Or alternatively check out the new BUDGET airline Oasis covering Hong Kong - UK

http://www.oasishongkong.com/hk/en/home.aspx

Re: European flight search.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 03:56:08 AM »
oasis also flies out of vancouver BC to Hong Kong

99 London to Hong Kong May 1 2008
Then cebu Pacific to cebu midnight May 2

Everthing is extra with oasis....reserve a particular seat x, special meal y, additional luggage capacity z

I\'ll let you know how it works out

Offline Manila Cockney

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »
If planning to fly from Philippines to Hong Kong then changing onto OASIS to London, Vancouver, keep in mind you cannot check all the way through. At Hong Kong you have to come out of Immigration, collect luggage go from arrivals to departures and check in again. Just make sure you give yourself time. Also they are very strict on luggage and when checking with them was told it was 30 GBP a kilo for overweight.

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:55:52 AM »
Over the years I tried most web sites / airlines for cheap flights from Uk to Cebu. The problem I find with some of the routes, is the time spent in airports waiting for connecting flights. Ive been the Hong Kong route twice with Cathay, waiting 9 hours for a connection on way home to London. Didn,t stay in the airport though, I took the train into the city to see the sights. Qatar was a possibility this year, Manchester to Cebu via Doha, but the connecting time is 6 hours in Doha on the way there and even longer on the way home. The best shot for me traveling from either Edinburgh or Newcastle is always with KLM via Amsterdam, only 2 hours wait both ways. This goes to Manila, then hop on either Cebu Pacific or PAL waiting only 3 hours to take us on to Cebu. The departure and arrival times are both excellent, Newcastle 10am - Cebu 3pm next day,( no walking around airports in dead of night). I find that KLM are the most accomodating of all the airlines, with the most helpful staff, and I,m always surprised how cheap they are throughout the winter months especially. Hope this is usefull info for any first time travellers ,

John
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline Manila Cockney

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 11:09:55 AM »
The good thing with KLM and Lufthansa for some is that when changing at Amsterdam/Frankfurt they have more regional flights into the UK and skipping Heathrow or Gatwick. Even if going to London they fly into City airport, which is good for us cockneys and the Essex boys.  

Does anybody know of online travel agents in Philippines that you can check flights, prices and book to UK similar to E-Bookers. Travel agents I have dealt with here still seem to be living in the last century.

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 03:21:00 AM »
Try Olvis Travel in Cebu, I,ve not used them myself , but I seen their office when I was there. They deal a lot with Visa applications , not sure what theyre like with the flights . A quick look on google will soon tell you,

John
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 03:53:37 AM »
Try Olvis Travel in Cebu, I,ve not used them myself , but I seen their office when I was there. They deal a lot with Visa applications , not sure what theyre like with the flights . A quick look on google will soon tell you,
John

There are a lot of travel agents in Cebu. Olvis is run by an American from Montana and is notorious for ripping off Americans, hiring him to help their Spouses and Fiancee\'s with their half of the US visa process. Mike T operates barely within the law and has survived for a number of years doing what he does best, taking advantage of American clients. His office was once located in the Cebu Plaza Hotel, lending him an appearance of legitimacy ill deserved! They kicked him out shortly before the hotel itself closed, though I don\'t think one had anything to do with the other. This is one agency well advised to stay away from, especially for Americans.

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 03:21:46 AM »
Supose thats the differance between getting info from an experienced poster, sorry if I sent you in wrong direction,..as I said,...I just saw it (exactly where you said, in the mall) and just somehow remembered the name ! I,ll remember your warnings though.

John

Offline Manila Cockney

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 01:01:40 PM »
I was looking for an online travel agent similar to E-Bookers. One where you can compare different flights and prices starting from Manila and book direct. I find one but found the prices higher than going to the individual airline sites. This was the one I found

http://greenhuts.travelstore.gttrends.com/i_home.dhtml