Author Topic: roll on roll off ferries (ro-ro\'s)  (Read 4197 times)

Re: roll on roll off ferries (ro-ro\'s)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 07:02:10 AM »
  I used a RO-RO in February of 2008 from Cebu to Ormoc. I took an adventure and it only cost P3000 and a ticket for my wife I was the driver so I was free.  Dick

Offline cogon88

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 08:52:33 AM »
In the the local papers RoRo more then an adventure more like a gamble on your life

Lawmakers concerned over RORO remarks
By EDMER F. PANESA
December 31, 2009, 4:54pm
Lawmakers Thursday expressed concern and outrage over the admission by the country’s top maritime officials that the roll on-roll off (RORO) ferry MV Baleno 9, which sank off Verde Island in Batangas last Saturday, was not designated to sail in open sea.

Reps. Joel Villanueva of the Citizens Battle Against Corruption (CIBAC) and Rodolfo “Ompong” Plaza of Agusan del Sur said that such statement from maritime officials was tantamount to admitting their supposed negligence and dereliction of duty.

“From the very beginning, they knew that MV Baleno is only for bay use or inland travel and yet they find ways on their own standards without submitting to world’s norm in allowing it to sail on open sea,” an irate Villanueva said in a text message.

Happy New Year

Tom / Roxas City

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 01:41:20 AM »
In the the local papers RoRo more then an adventure more like a gamble on your life

Lawmakers concerned over RORO remarks
By EDMER F. PANESA
December 31, 2009, 4:54pm
Lawmakers Thursday expressed concern and outrage over the admission by the country’s top maritime officials that the roll on-roll off (RORO) ferry MV Baleno 9, which sank off Verde Island in Batangas last Saturday, was not designated to sail in open sea.

Reps. Joel Villanueva of the Citizens Battle Against Corruption (CIBAC) and Rodolfo “Ompong” Plaza of Agusan del Sur said that such statement from maritime officials was tantamount to admitting their supposed negligence and dereliction of duty.

“From the very beginning, they knew that MV Baleno is only for bay use or inland travel and yet they find ways on their own standards without submitting to world’s norm in allowing it to sail on open sea,” an irate Villanueva said in a text message.

Happy New Year

Tom / Roxas City

I think the above report encapsulates much of the reality, or ethos, of life in the Philippines,as I am sure those that live there will feel.

Paul
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 12:03:40 PM »
I have RORO\'d it from  Bogo Cebu to Palompone Leyte --    Nice smooth trip ,  1 hr late as typical,  3 hr trip... Paperwork easy.. about 2200 including all Docs and fees  No sleeper just hard chairs.
Ormoc Cebu - on Cebu Ferries.. Nice accomodations,  No hassle Paperwork...just had to find the 2Go office on the Northside of town.   3000P includes driver
CeBU to Tubigon Bohol... Easy paperwork, uneventful slow trip.     1800 all docs and fees for Mutlicab includes driver..

Tubigon to CEBU Liteshipping.. same price.. but faster boat with sleeping accomodations  1am departure 330 am arrival..
RORO is great...but IMO still pricey.. almost as firstworld transport for RORO in Euro.