Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Asian Spirit Airlines  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Asian Spirit Airlines
« on: December 15, 2007, 09:41:23 AM »
After you arrive in the Philippines, you may need to fly to another part of the islands.  Check here for prices on flights in country.

http://www.asianspirit.com/
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Manila Cockney

• Sr Member
Re: Asian Spirit Airlines
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:45:52 PM »
Asian Spirit is not the best of the domestic airlines, but for now a good one to use for Boracay, as it goes direct to Caticlan.

Personal favourite is Cebu Pacific which uses new planes and at times have very good promos.

http://www.cebupacificair.com/

From end of February they will be flying direct to Caticlan, which should bring the prices down. Air Philippines a subsidiary of PAL have also just started flying direct to Caticlan.

Another domestic airline is SEAIR

http://www.flyseair.com/

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 02:38:54 AM »
Thank you, Manila Cockney!

If anyone else has a good link for a favorite domestic airline, please feel free to share with us all.

Thanks!

Jack
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

mupsuit

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 07:20:48 PM »

This is what you can expect - boarding at Tagbilaran Airport (Bohol) - Flight to Manila

Sorry I can\'t remember the plane type but the signage inside was in Japanese and English so I guessed it was on Japanese origin -

[attachment deleted by admin]

BoBHofmans

Asian Spirit Airlines
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 10:24:46 AM »

Funny, I took almost the same pict at the same spot at Tagbilaran \"airport\" more than 5 years ago. Waiting for one of my scamming penpals to arrive from Manila.
The planes are turbo-props, I think Fokker Friendships of Dutch origin.
They are loud and slow (at the bar in Alona Beach, we called them \"Asian Tricycles\" for fun) and above all: expensive! (I mean, to fly with!) A one-way ticket from CDO to Cebu used to cost around 2,300 pesos.
With Cebu Pacific flying that route now, too, everything will most likely get to be a lot cheaper.
Bob

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 11:35:07 AM »
Mupusit, I remember my honeymoon at Bohol Beach Club way back in 1989. All the signage at the resort was in both English and Japanese. I just figured it was due to so many Japanese tourists coming there. They used to fly down to RP to play golf. It was actually cheaper to do that than to join a country club in their own country. Nowadays I would expect the signs to also be in Korean.  ;D
Ako si Goyo. Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 11:39:21 AM »

Funny, I took almost the same pict at the same spot at Tagbilaran \"airport\" more than 5 years ago.

Hahaha! Look at the foreground. The same unfinished slab of runway is still cordoned off ::) That\'s a BIG Fokker you got there ;D

BoBHofmans

Asian Spirit Airlines
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 05:20:28 PM »
Gee, Keith, I had to enlarge the picture and you are right. The same corner is still cordoned off. The only difference between the 2 photographs, apart from the resolution, is the new decoration on the tail of the plane..........