Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Your Final Arrangements....  (Read 6977 times)

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
Your Final Arrangements....
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:38:03 PM »
I was talking to a friend of mine today and he brought up a question which I feel may be of interest here. He asked me when I die, where will I be buried? I told him I\'m not sure. Myrlita wants me buried here with her which I feel is very much her right as my wife. My family however, wants me shipped back to MA to be buried with my family there. Whereas I\'m a US citizen & Myrlita isn\'t and it comes down to a possible legal battle between my US family & a poor Filipina, who would win? Yes, I could put forth a will stating my wishes but in reality, what will really happen after I\'m gone? Money talks. I pray this will be many years in the future but only God knows what will take place. I welcome your thoughts. God Bless.....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

Re: Your Final Arrangements....
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 02:14:50 PM »
IF MONEY is a MAJOR factor, maybe a compromise might work.....buried in the Philippines but on Myrlitas passing , both of you buried in MA.......possible?

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 02:48:40 PM »
What about half and half?

Cremate and you can easily tour the world in a custom urn.

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 03:02:43 PM »
BAGHHHH...
By the time you are gone, your family in the USA will not be a factor.
Make arrangements to be buried where YOU wish!!!
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 03:08:44 PM »
To me... the dead body is an empty shell, treat it as such...
What made me, me... Is gone to the next whatever of existence... I don\'t need it anymore, dispose of it as you see fit.
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline rdjlazo@yahoo.com

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 07:30:34 PM »
Your final arrangement is up to you and your  wife\'s. I agree out of
respect and if your religious belief allows is be cremated and send
part of the remains to family out of the country.
Dont\'t sweat it for now. Like my MD said when I ask what do I need to do
to prolong my life. He said \"Enjoy lt to the fullest in your own way.\" I am.
I imagine he is being asked the same question many times.

To all of us. Let\'s enjoy life to the fullest and reach out to
someone through random act of kindness. The results could be amazing.
 :) My move was moved to end of April or may. To palawan very likely.
I like these people here.

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 01:13:55 AM »
Cremation is the way I prefer and my wife is aware of that and will follow my wishes even though she does not want that for herself.  I want my ashes scattered on a beach somewhere in Cebu.  I don\'t want them sitting in an urn displayed in anybody\'s house.  I want everybody to get on with their lives.  Similar to what Rufus says, when I\'m gone I\'m gone. 

As for my family.  Sorry.  My wife is my family now.  Genesis2:24 \"For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.\"

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
Because I\'ve seen that All Saints and All Souls days, and even little prayers for relatives long passed on, mean so much to Gloria that I\'ll bend to anything she says on this subject.
Not averse to cremation but a small plot in a cemetery by the sea would be ideal for me, symbolic because it was the sea and these islands that brought us both together.
There is such a place I have in mind.

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 01:03:12 AM »
I have never really thought of dying .. well, not in a positive way anyway! I know my wife does not really like talking about death etc, and quite understandable as with the age difference I will be the first of us to go. The same situation that many of us chaps on the forum face also I suppose.

Anyway, my question is; how much does a burial plot cost? Are they expensive? I suppose the cost may vary according to location. It seems a good idea to plan well ahead even though it is not something anyone really wants to think about. And I suppose they could be a good investment.

Paul
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 06:23:46 AM »
Does anyone have information concerning burial on private property?  Is it possible to be buried on land your family owns?     :-\\

I would appreciate hearing from our pinoy members, especially on this question.  What is your opinion about being buried on family owned land?  Is it done?  Would that be considered \"bastos\", or cause the family problems with local customs? 

Thanks folks!  I can\'t ask Gloria these questions.  She refuses to talk about death.    :)

Maybe if the land was sold you could no longer be visited?
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline rdjlazo@yahoo.com

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 08:25:57 AM »
I am a pinoy and now going back there to retire from Calif after being here for more than 30 years. I have shipped my possesions that can fit in BB Boxes yesterday.

On your questions on customs and traditions. I have not heard that among my aquaintances, friends and relatives. I can only suppose this happening with very wealthy clan that have real big estates and assets with no worry that that estate will always be in the clans ownership. Or can probably happen in a very remote part of the country that it will only be known among very few friends and relatives.

If you really want to give it a try, go to govt authorities such as municipal health officer and probably a city permit to legitimized your project. Please let us know what you find out.

Rudy

Offline pgobeem

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 03:15:45 AM »
if we have a good family and a good wife leave a good  memory we are all rich.  Can\'t take the damn money with us can we.