Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: House hunting in Bacolod  (Read 5370 times)

Offline alanseago

House hunting in Bacolod
« on: February 07, 2008, 04:02:08 PM »
Hello all, my name is Alan Seago, my Filippina wife`s name is Anne. We live in the south of France but are looking for a house to buy or build in Bacolod for out retirement.
This is Anne`s hometown and most of her family are here, so I know the meaning of Philippino hospitality. We come here regularly and I now feel perfectly at home although Anne misses our house in the little French market square.
French law insists that, in order to benefit from Social Security and for Anne`s residence card, we must spend six months a year in France so we shall be spending the European summers there and the winters here. I am desperately trying to accustom myself to being pampered, overfed and hugged by everyone. I am ,so far, progressing quite well.
Alan

Offline up2u

Re: House hunting in Bacolod
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:21:47 PM »
Hi I am also in Bacolod, been here a few months, my name is also Alan , welcome

Offline alanseago

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »
Hi Alan, thank you for the welcome. Where are you from originally? I am English but I have lived in France since 1974, mainly for the money and the wine. I worked for an American company
( Harris Graphics ) and spent my life travelling around the world. Upon becoming a grumpy geriatric, I decided to make the aquaintance of mosquitos, tikes, tokos, San Miguel etc.
I dont know if we are allowed to publish personnal e-mail addresses on here and I dont want to break any rules but if it is OK, I`d be happy to exchange a few mails with you.
Best regards
Alan and Anne

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 03:30:59 PM »

I dont know if we are allowed to publish personnal e-mail addresses on here and I dont want to break any rules but if it is OK, I`d be happy to exchange a few mails with you.
Best regards
Alan and Anne

Hi Alan & Anne,

If you look to the left of each post you will see 3 symbols. The 1st is to view the profile of that member. The 2nd is an envelope - which is to email that member. The 3rd is to \'Personal Message\' that member. Personal messages are viewed ONLY by the member that sends or receives them and are displayed at the top of the main page above the \"show unread posts\'. So go ahead and email or PM, you are not breaking the rules. Your email address is there for all to use.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »

Best regards
Alan and Anne

Hi Alan & Anne,

If you look to the left of each post you will see 3 symbols. The 1st is to view the profile of that member. The 2nd is an envelope - which is to email that member. The 3rd is to \'Personal Message\' that member. Personal messages are viewed ONLY by the member that sends or receives them and are displayed at the top of the main page above the \"show unread posts\'. So go ahead and email or PM, you are not breaking the rules. Your email address is there for all to use.

For the email option on the forum to work you\'ll need to put your e-mail in your profile I believe

See up2u post to see where email not available

Offline alanseago

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 03:58:13 PM »
Thank you Keith and Captainron, I should have seen that. Put it down to my age and the Bordeaux with lunch.
I was banished from the BBC message boards for posting my addy and had two proboards closed down so I am, perhaps, a little overcautious.
This feels much more like a group of friends. I was a member of the Yahoo group but was too busy travelling and working to post. I am now a registered layabout and look forward to some interesting discussions.
Alan

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »

For the email option on the forum to work you\'ll need to put your e-mail in your profile I believe

Dave,

Thanks for pointing out that only members WHO WISH to be contacted by email will enter their email address in their profile. They can still use the PM function to contact off Forum.

Checked \'up2u post\' as stated & his email works fine. What were you pointing out?

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 04:23:29 PM »

Dave,

Thanks for pointing out that only members WHO WISH to be contacted by email will enter their email address in their profile. They can still use the PM function to contact off Forum.

Checked \'up2u post\' as stated & his email works fine. What were you pointing out?

The envelope icon is not displayed beneath his avatar, therefore indicating e-mail is not available to be sent to him.

maybe because you are a moderator you can see \"hidden\" emails....where\'s mere mortals not so enabled

When I ran forums, I always had shadow ids with \"normal\" attributes so I could see what the rank and file saw

Offline up2u

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 06:12:48 PM »
Hi I have altered it so my email is available if you want to contact me , cheers

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 06:22:12 PM »

The envelope icon is not displayed beneath his avatar, therefore indicating e-mail is not available to be sent to him.

maybe because you are a moderator you can see \"hidden\" emails....where\'s mere mortals not so enabled

When I ran forums, I always had shadow ids with \"normal\" attributes so I could see what the rank and file saw

Oh thanks a bunch Dave. Now everyone will know I am not all seeing ::)  To be honest I can check what everyone else sees, just didn\'t think of it this time. Well spotted.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 06:32:20 PM »

Oh thanks a bunch Dave. Now everyone will know I am not all seeing ::)  To be honest I can check what everyone else sees, just didn\'t think of it this time. Well spotted.

:D Sorry Keith omnipitent doesn\'t always mean omniscient......me, I\'m happy being omniscient and omniflexible  ;)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 12:33:36 AM »

:D Sorry Keith omnipitent doesn\'t always mean omniscient......me, I\'m happy being omniscient and omniflexible  ;)

Just cal me Mr Omnivorous!   ;D ;D ;D

Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 12:00:38 PM »
Hi Alan & Anne,

I am originally from the south of France. Donna\'s, my wife, is from Bacolod too. After living nine years in Manila we had to move to Taipei for another assignment. We have a daughter of 6 years old.
We finished building our home in Bacolod about 2 years ago. We too plan to retire there. We were in Bacolod for Christmas and will be back for the Holly week.
If you wish or have any questions you can email me.

Regards and halong,

Donna & Jean-Marc

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 12:10:27 AM »
Hi Alan & Anne,

I am originally from the south of France. Donna\'s, my wife, is from Bacolod too. After living nine years in Manila we had to move to Taipei for another assignment. We have a daughter of 6 years old.
We finished building our home in Bacolod about 2 years ago. We too plan to retire there. We were in Bacolod for Christmas and will be back for the Holly week.
If you wish or have any questions you can email me.

Regards and halong,

Donna & Jean-Marc

Where in S. France?.....not so long ago I was considering buying and retiring to either Cap D\'Agde or more likely Hyeres

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 01:25:19 PM »
Where in S. France?.....not so long ago I was considering buying and retiring to either Cap D\'Agde or more likely Hyeres

I was born in Toulouse. It\'s about 2 to 3 hours drive from Cap d\'Agde. I\'ve been sailing there too but it was about 15 years ago.
While I have been on different bancas in the Philippines I\'ve never had the opportunity to sail there. May be one day ....

Regards,

Jean-Marc