Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Solar hot water heaters  (Read 5642 times)

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
Re: Solar hot water heaters
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 12:43:39 AM »
Put a low profile tire on it....will look like spinners† ;)

haha - I looked at the picture again... you are correct !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 03:46:41 PM »
There is lots of info on home made solar and energy options, but most people are afraid of using search engines... I guess...
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 08:07:33 PM »
Fa Soifua

Good info !

ps.. I should have spent more time in Hawaii to know those words...† :)
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 09:39:46 PM »
I did see a solar heaters in a local store, cant remember the price, and a member of another forum does have one installed. I have seen the rooftop variety installed on houses in Ayala Alabang.† This type with evacuated tubes etc could be overkill for the amount of sun you get in the Philippines......
I was browsing some \'green\' UK solar power forum the other day and they were showing people who\'d had quotes of up to £12,000 to install a solar water heater system!!!!!† :o

Even adding up the prices of the parts and then adding generous labour costs, they were still making a killing off the \'carbon footprint\' fad that is sweeping through the ignorant classes.

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 11:56:48 PM »
There is lots of info on home made solar and energy options, but most people are afraid of using search engines... I guess...

Dang I thought that was what moderators/admin was for, to join the lazy posters threads together......joke, joke .... ouch, ouch† :D

Offline Knowdafish

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 05:23:58 PM »
ANY container painted flat black will work great as a solar water heater in the Philippines!

Offline Knowdafish

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
I\'ve been waiting for the price of solar panels to come down since around 1984...

they did come down some

They are almost 1/2 the price per watt compared to what they were in 1984. 200 watt plus panels weren\'t available in 1984 either. I\'ve bought, sold, and installed solar panels in the U.S. since the late 80\'s.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »
I\'ve been waiting for the price of solar panels to come down since around 1984...

they did come down some

They are almost 1/2 the price per watt compared to what they were in 1984. 200 watt plus panels weren\'t available in 1984 either. I\'ve bought, sold, and installed solar panels in the U.S. since the late 80\'s.

Knowdafish - will from now on be recognized as KNOWDASOLAR !

Im looking up some KNOW whenever I locate a source for my panels... I want just enough to power ONE measly A/C unit !† ;D

Offline lolodon

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 03:35:15 AM »
golly wow all i wanted is a black plastic 55gal. barrel hooked up to a garden hose and then elevated.† simple method for a simple mind ???

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 06:09:26 AM »
Simple is usually best...
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 07:26:05 AM »
Simple is usually best...

True .. Simple Minds created the wheel....

And a slew of radio hits in the 1980\'s !† ;D

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 08:22:56 AM »
Simple minds also came up with the idea of a coil of black pipe on the roof, running to a kitchen or bathroom faucet.
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS